Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
about Gallagher

Am I the only one worried (slightly) about Gallagher's play? It seems that the more he's progressing in his career, the more he exclusively relies on crashing the net, shooting from far away and fighting into corners.

I know it always have been his strength and that he's good at it, but I think he should sometimes try some "plays", like passing the puck, skating a bit with it, etc. He seems to become more easy to read for the opposition, and less effective because of it.

This is absolutly not a "hater" thread as I like Gallagher pretty much. It's just that I'm starting to worry about his seemingly growing ineffectiveness (worrying in a "crazy habs fan" sense, of course...)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not worried, it's 5 games in. That's how he's developed his game though, crash-crash-crash.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is getting his chances. Plays relentless on every shift. Should be a 3rd liner though

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
On how many teams would Gallagher be a third liner?

He's a legit top 6 winger, and stats back that up.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
absolutely not worried, I do however believe the kid will not have an extremely long career in the NHL. With his style of play I can't see him being able to play like that forever even he seems to be in very very good shape.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wrong chair for him. Not a 1st liner. But he's the best we've got.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher is used as a puck retriever not as a scorer. Every line in the NHL has one and they always produce less than what their talent shows. Gallagher's impact is way more than just goals or pretty shots.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I never like the Pleck's with Gallagher, would put the Egg line back together and try Semin on the 1st.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never like the Pleck's with Gallagher, would put the Egg line back together and try Semin on the 1st.

This. Egg line would work wonders on the boards. Puck possession demons. Though semin on the first will not work. Kassian should be on the first but... Maybe try DSP there and Semin with DD and Flash.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
This. Egg line would work wonders on the boards. Puck possession demons. Though semin on the first will not work. Kassian should be on the first but... Maybe try DSP there and Semin with DD and Flash.

Yeah I like that a lot actually. I've always wanted to reunite the EGG line with Chuck at center. Semin would provide that scoring touch that DD's line needs. DSP can do pretty much what Gallagher is assigned to do on the first and maybe even better since he provides a bigger screen in front . I just wouldn't mess with the lines right now.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Not my favorite player at all because of his antics but he brings it

And there is something about gallagher that some people already know but when you will know you will say ohhhhhh Lol

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Gallagher is likely being told to crash and griiiind first at the expense of offense. While he shouldn't shy away from the game, the staff could help encourage him to be a goalscorer and do more to become a multifaceted threat. He has a big heart, but he isn't magically going to have an Alex Ovechkin-like body to throw his weight around on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad