Post-Game Talk: Bread Wings

3 Stars

• Total voters

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
oh god is this different stat sites using the same metric but wildly different results for it

what is even the point of advanced stats then

I mean I gotta assume they have some different definition or measurement but again really...if you're supposedly measuring the same thing but have wildly different results then it feels like that thing is completely useless
I would think CSA would be our gold standard.

MoneyPuck has seemed shoddy as of late

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I’m saying I think he can be more than a third liner. It’s still in there, just like it was for Laf. If he comes back and starts churning he can be back on the top line.
I have to laugh at this, sorry. He had that spot on the top line and he blew it. It was GIVEN to him by Lavi and his administration. He can be a bust. It's ok. He's not your kid or anything.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have to laugh at this, sorry. He had that spot on the top line and he blew it. It was GIVEN to him by Lavi and his administration. He can be a bust. It's ok. He's not your kid or anything.

To be clear, he's anything but a bust considering he stays at the same level he has been at the last 2 years.

I'm a bit confused as to why the team wouldn't just keep a good, young power forward around as long as he doesn't cost a lot and plays well? What is the rush for trading him?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
To be clear, he's anything but a bust considering he stays at the same level he has been at the last 2 years.

I'm a bit confused as to why the team wouldn't just keep a good, young power forward around as long as he doesn't cost a lot and plays well? What is the rush for trading him?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those rushing to trade him. Still, what power forward? He has no power to his forward.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
The moaning and groaning about wheeler is annoying.

We signed him for 800k, and he’s gonna get about 25 points at his current pace.

That’s fine.

Change his name to “generic player A” and nobody would care.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I have to laugh at this, sorry. He had that spot on the top line and he matched the other people on the top line. Staying on the top line was GIVEN to them by Lavi and his administration. They get better treatment based on PP results. It's ok. They're not your kids or anything.

If we are going to be honest line 1 was fine. They were snakebit early in the season, but they were defensively sound and generated more chances than they gave up. The data is still out there where they are top 10 in the nhl in some metrics.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I feel like I’m in another dimension reading that Ryan Lindgren is better than Kandre Miller
In the defensive zone? Historically he has been. K'Andre is the better all around defenseman.

Where do people get this idea that Lindgren “allows Fox to play his game” as if he’s this key that unlocks him. Fox doesn’t need a guy to watch his mistakes, he needs someone who isn’t going to kill the O zone shift after he freezes 2 defenders and goes D to D.
By watching Lindgren and seeing that he allows Fox to play his game.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those rushing to trade him. Still, what power forward? He has no power to his forward.

When he is on his game is a very good possession forward who really owns the boards and is able to retrieve and recapture pucks. Sure he isn't lining up guys for big hits but he is difficult to play against for other teams because he uses his size well down low.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I have to laugh at this, sorry. He had that spot on the top line and he matched the other people on the top line. Staying on the top line was GIVEN to them by Lavi and his administration. They get better treatment based on PP results. It's ok. They're not your kids or anything.

If we are going to be honest line 1 was fine. They were snakebit early in the season, but they were defensively sound and generated more chances than they gave up. The data is still out there where they are top 10 in the nhl in some metrics.

What Laviolette said, with Vince quoting him: "It's not a work (ethic) thing" that led Kakko being moved off 1RW, rather, ‘Through the course of 11 games, it just hasn't clicked the way that you would want from a production standpoint. And I'm not saying that's (only) Kaapo. I’m just saying that's the reality.'”

When he is on his game is a very good possession forward who really owns the boards and is able to retrieve and recapture pucks. Sure he isn't lining up guys for big hits but he is difficult to play against for other teams because he uses his size well down low.
He has been overpowered physically.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Ok. I still think Lindgren is more consistent defensively than Miller.
Lindgren is a very good defensive player but that’s it, he’s completely one dimensional. If Fox is on the ice the team is going to be playing in the offensive zone and you’re much better without Lindgren who’s going to end the shift with a muffin or a pass to nobody.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What Laviolette said, with Vince quoting him: "It's not a work (ethic) thing" that led Kakko being moved off 1RW, rather, ‘Through the course of 11 games, it just hasn't clicked the way that you would want from a production standpoint. And I'm not saying that's (only) Kaapo. I’m just saying that's the reality.'”

He has been overpowered physically.

Every forward in the NHL gets overpowered at times. This isn't unique

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Lindgren is a very good defensive player but that’s it, he’s completely one dimensional. If Fox is on the ice the team is going to be playing in the offensive zone and you’re much better without Lindgren who’s going to end the shift with a muffin or a pass to nobody.
Lindgren is 100% one dimensional. Definitely agree. I think if Miller was a bit more consistent all around, no one would dispute the claim that he is better than Lindgren. I think Lindgren's consistency defensively, combined with Millers overall inconsistency, lead people to the Lindgren > Miller statement, if that makes sense?

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think lately with Kakko it wasn't about strength it's been about positioning and feel for the game. ONce things snowballed for that line and he was sent down he spiralled down the no confidence hole

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
You defined him as a power forward. In my eyes, he's not. When he can't get separation from the player checking him, there's no power to the forward there. He was consistently negated on the walls. His injury can be attributed to him being manhandled just before he fell awkwardly on his leg. That goal he scored was an accident, after Bonino practically urged him to drive the net without saying it. And Bonino in the next game flat out refused to pass the puck to him.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
He doesn’t allow him to do anything. Miller-Fox has completely destroyed Lindgren-Fox over a pretty decent sample
Miller/Fox is the stupidest thing we could do. Miller has a chance to be a great offensive defenseman. There's only one puck. You are wasting his potential putting him with Fox. Personally I would like to have either Fox or Miller on the ice 45-50 minutes a game. You can't do that if they are playing together

Reactions: bl02

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I dont know what changed in MoneyPuck but their numbers dont look right

.45xG from the Seider PPG? Doesn’t seem right
Moneypuck went a bit bananas last night. Not sure what's going on.

Between Moneypuck and Natural Stat Trick, there's a 2.0+ xG difference for the Wings.

Even when considering different perspectives and formulas, that doesn't seem possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad