3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I don’t think the Rangers were very sharp in this one and allowed the Caps to dictate the play too much.

A lot of unforced errors and giveaways they will need to clean up. Focus needs to be better. This game will not cut it against Carolina. Squandered too many prime chances as well.

However, Mika had one of the strongest games we’ve seen in a while and that’s important for this team.

This is a good staff and they’ll have this team better prepared on the Road for game 3.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
This was a perfect game. A win on our March to the cup yet looking out for the bitchy fans and giving them something to complain about for a couple of days.

Yeah they aren’t going to win them all 4-1.

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
Boy do I remember that game 4.

Literally took 15 minutes to review Matt Cullen's go-ahead goal in the 3rd. Most insane bounce of a puck off the crossbar I think I've ever seen.
View attachment 858689

Jagr with the empty netter to seal it and then we got to chant "Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" to the Thrashers for the last minute and a half. Absolutely epic night at MSG.

That was a great series.. Sean avery drove kovachulk insane, it was nice to watch avery at his peak.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’m perfectly calm but to spell it out…

Rangers came out in the 3rd in my view, thinking they had done enough. They continued to be sloppy with the puck. Displayed a poor sense of urgency on their PPs. Took a very dumb penalty.

Very similar to how the Isles sat back in the third last night. Carolina outshot them 17-1 and with their talent finished their chances and took the game. Caps outshot the Rangers in the 3rd but by a closer margin. Still clawed their way back and were a bounce from tying it.

Against a better team, with that 3rd period execution, NYR may not have been so lucky. That was my point. And just how I saw it.
Not even close to what happened in Carolina BTW. Piles got obliterated and gave up 4 goals. Rangers got outshot by 1 and gave up 1 goal and still won. They also had some quality chances that have been ignored because Lindgren made some key saves. Once again, the other teams does deserve credit for playing hard and competing.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Lavi might have painted himself into a corner with Rempe now. Bogus penalty aside, the kid was team-leading atrocious at possession tonite. Would love to see the with / without charts for this game (yes, small sample blah blah).

And, btw, watching in on the other three games tonite, all six of those teams are playing at a whole nubba level than the mugfest we were treated to at MSG.

Reactions: cheech70

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Lavi might have painted himself into a corner with Rempe now. Bogus penalty aside, the kid was team-leading atrocious at possession tonite. Would love to see the with / without charts for this game (yes, small sample blah blah).

And, btw, watching in on the other three games tonite, all six of those teams are playing at a whole nubba level than the mugfest we were treated to at MSG.
I'm not exactly sure what the second part of this post means but tonight's Nashville Vancouver game set hockey back about 20 years

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Why did he paint himself into a corner? He was good in game 1. He can also change the lineup any time if he feels it would help. I don't see a problem.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I'm not exactly sure what the second part of this post means but tonight's Nashville Vancouver game set hockey back about 20 years
OK I’ll have to admit I didn’t watch the third period of Vanc-Nash but what I had seen up to then of them and TB-Fla and especially Win-Col were teams playing highly skilled - speed, crisp passing, stick checking, 1-1 board battles, etc. I saw none of that from the Rangers tonite (and understand I am a big proponent of the argument that the Rangers always always play to the level of their competition).

So I can’t even imagine what a third period looks like where the Nucks outchance the Preds 34-7 and still don’t score a goal….?

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Why did he paint himself into a corner? He was good in game 1. He can also change the lineup any time if he feels it would help. I don't see a problem.
What I mean is now that the battle has turned full-bore UFC, how can Lavi leave Remp out of the line-up and then face the storm from the fans and the media?

The first and hundredth question would be “Coach, why are you inserting Brodzinski in place of Rempe ?”

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
People overreacting like this really shows who knows hockey and who doesn't. We are in a league where a brand new Vegas team became a powerhouse and won a cup a few years later. Every team is capable of beating any team on any night. Playoffs were never going to be easy. Probably better if some people didn't watch.

Imagine some of these people when Zelepukin scored? Or when Vancouver took the Rangers to game 7? Lol
I got married in January of ‘94, to a diehard Canuck.

The playoffs were just after our honeymoon.

Good times as a fan.

Bad times for a newlywed husband. . .

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Our core.....13-31-79-4-24-50-23-73 continues to pick up valuable playoff experience. I love Drury's trade deadline strategy. The Florida teams are playing a different kind of hockey. We need to get there in order to dream of lord stanley.

Reactions: Dijock94

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Mika was saving himself for the playoffs. He was comatose for the majority of the regular season. Still want to see more production at even strength.

I got married in January of ‘94, to a diehard Canuck.

The playoffs were just after our honeymoon.

Good times as a fan.

Bad times for a newlywed husband. . .
I had the Rangers-Canucks meeting in the Cup final. Demko's injury ended that.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Carolina-Islanders & Leafs-Bruins havent exactly been Picasso's. What I see in those Western series is very little defense and goaltending. Not trying to replicate that for aesthetics. It's playoffs. 2 wins are what matters. Whoever said were talking about this completely differently if Vesey hits the long range empty netter and a 5-3 win

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned Braden

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Good teams find ways to win games they shouldn't.

Would anyone argue that Tampa was better than us in the first two games of the 2022 ECF? I don't think so, I think we played better. Tampa was the much better team though. They found a way to win.

This nonsense that we must dominate every minute of every game, against every team that is inferior, is just f***ing ridiculous.

It doesn't come off as having high standards. It comes off as whiny and entitled.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Winning ugly is still a win. We are getting contributions up and down the lineup. Washington came to play and they played desperate and hard. You are not going to kill a team every game.
This win means that we on have to win 14 games more to be able to hold the greatest trophy in the world high and for us long suffering fans to be happy.
I will take 14 more wins like this.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I've talked about how I'm more zen in terms of results.

One way to get me not zen is the stick work we saw from the Caps last night. The Rangers might be idiots but nobody beats these idiots up except for me. I'll f***ing come down there.
And for all the talk of Panarin's elbow, there were at least two, blatantly worse from Wilson, that went uncalled.

The sooner we can put this group of shitheads out their misery, the better. Love Ovi but I hate everything else about the craps.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
It's nice to be up 2-0 on the Caps. It's way nicer being up 2-0 by being the more physical team inflicting the punishment. Caps fans have LOVED every borderline Wilson hit for a decade. I get it now. It's so much fun. I apologize for being mad in the past. You had your time being bullies. Now it's our turn. Tough guys like Panarin beating you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad