Rumor: Brayden Schenn to Leafs?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
In other words, he's not untouchable, which we all knew. Not a lot of guys on this team, much less the league, are. Nothing to get worked up over.

This, when I said earlier "I don't believe it" I was referring to the OP. No doubt B Schenn, much like vast majority of our roster, is available in the right deal.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
BSchenn's not going anywhere (barring another team's stupidity). Honestly though, I wish LSchenn would get his head out of his ass after playing so well last season.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
BSchenn's not going anywhere. Honestly though, I wish LSchenn would get his head out of his ass after playing so well last season.

He's been good the last two games IMO. He had a few rough games but his struggles were blown way out of proportion by the media and now the fan base. Funny how that works, especially when so many fans talk about how the media is comprised by a bunch of talentless morons, specifically here in philly, save a few individuals.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
BSchenn's not going anywhere.

I wouldn't be so sure. The new rumors are probably bs but the Flyers typically lock up the players they really want to keep early before they reach rfa or UFA. There hasn't even been any leaks of contract talks. Out of the top 6, he seems like the odd man out. That's if they are indeed looking to trade.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn't be so sure. The new rumors are probably bs but the Flyers typically lock up the players they really want to keep early before they reach rfa or UFA. There hasn't even been any leaks of contract talks. Out of the top 6, he seems like the odd man out. That's if they are indeed looking to trade.

That's probably Schenn's decision. If he signed he would have gotten a Couts type deal more then likely (low salary, short term). If he continues on his current pace he'll hit 50+ this year and get a significant raise like JVR did. From the start of the season he was saying he thinks this season was gonna be his breakout season, I'm pretty sure that factored into the contract talks, or lack thereof.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Big mistake if we move him, him Simmer and Lecavalier have been getting some chemistry lately. We don't need to be moving offence right now.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The one thing I notice here so far is that nobody wants anybody traded. Well if a good Dman can be had, you gotta give up something. Schenn for Gardiner I think is a loss, but if a better player can be had, somebody is going.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
again I have zero interest in trading a forward for a defenseman. we have Gill and Mez in the pressbox right now. yeah lets trade another forward for a defenseman so we can have Gus sitting in the pressbox as well.
pass.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It would be foolish to trade Schenn at this point. He's continued to improve every season since he's been here. Why would you trade him now that he's finally starting to arrive at his potential. It would also completely throw off the lineup that seems to be coming together nicely. For the first time in a while, it seems like all the pieces fit for the Flyers. I don't want to do anything to disturb that now that they're putting together a good stretch.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Wrong thread!

But while I am here.

The only way I would do a trade atm is if like the Downie Talbot one... another GM really wants a player so they can squeeze them.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Kypreos throws a lot of crap around. If this were Bob McKenzie hinting at it, I'd be a bit concerned. Kypreos has slightly less credibility than Eklund.

Thanks CharlieGirl. That is what I have heard about him also. It would take a lot for Homer to move the kid and I do not see this happening. A young power forward takes time to grow into his game and I firmly believe that this young man will be a force in this league, not a super star, but a big part of this club.

RJ8812*

To be clear, what Dreger said was that if there was a big deal to be made and the pieces fit, Schenn could be made available. He said the Flyers were NOT shopping Schenn.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Our leading scorer for a depth defensemen... Exactly what we need! Right?! :cry:
Lol at Gardiner or Franson being a depth d-man on your team
BSchenn + LSchenn for JVR + Reilly...:sarcasm:
I know it's sarcasm, but there is only one player on your team that could get a return like that

There would have to be more than that coming back from Toronto for Schenn. Franson is a RFA and Gardiner has spent most of his time in the minors. I would take Franson over Gardiner plus either a good pick or a prospect.
Really? Gardiner has spent most of his time in the minors? Care to do a little research?
LOL.

I got a trade for the Laffs.
Schenn for JVR.
Luke Schenn that is.
No team would be stupid enough to trade JVR for Schenn
Saw it on the leafs board that nick kypreos was on the radio up there saying we are discussing a B Schenn for Gardiner or Franson deal.

I live in toronto, there is absolutly no talk of this

There has been talk of this. I don't believe a word of it, but there has been talk

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Lol at Gardiner or Franson being a depth d-man on your team

God, I can't wait until this Leaf fanbase high-horse thing blows over. The Leafs are performing at historically impossible rates, and when they come back to Earth they will float back down the standings.

The Flyers defense is also much better than believed around here.

Last edited:

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
God, I can't wait for this Leaf fanbase high-horse thing blows over. The Leafs are performing at historically impossible rates, and when they come back to Earth they will float back down the standings.

The Flyers defense is also much better than believed around here.

Totally agree.

sad_fans.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad