Rumor: Brayden Schenn to Leafs?

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Saw it on the leafs board that nick kypreos was on the radio up there saying we are discussing a B Schenn for Gardiner or Franson deal.

God I hope not

---------------
Mod edit:

Now that head coach Craig Berube seems to be settling in, one cannot help but imagine GM Paul Holmgren and the rest of the Philadelphia Flyers getting itchy to make another move. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports that such a hypothetical deal could very well include Brayden Schenn. (Video here.)

To clarify, Dreger didn’t say that the Flyers are shopping him heavily or are desperate to move him by any means. Still, if it means landing the blockbuster-type swap that Philly is addicted to, it sounds like they’d be open-minded.

Berube told CSNPhilly.com last week that the fairly hyped first-rounder might be turning a corner, and the numbers bare that out; he has a solid 12 points in 19 games and is throwing his body around like a Flyers forward is expected to (49 hits already).

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/report-flyers-wouldnt-rule-out-trading-brayden-schenn/

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Except Franson is 26 years old and has 12 assists on D.

That could be extremely useful

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
I think this was Kyper just speculating about a fantasy deal, the op in the leafs thread doesn't seem to have a great source on this. Take it with a handful of salt.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
A couple of weeks ago many people would have been drooling over a potential B.Schenn for Franson deal... now that Schenner has picked up his game and scores on a regular basis, not so much.

That's pretty much another JVR for L.Schenn deal disguise. Definitely a high risk move with pretty uncertain outcome!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We shouldn't be moving any more forwards for Dmen right now.

Holmgren should be open to acquiring a top notch defender, if that costs forwards so be it. I'm not crossing anybody off the list if it can make the D better. Franson isn't that guy though.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Holmgren should be open to acquiring a top notch defender, if that costs forwards so be it. I'm not crossing anybody off the list if it can make the D better. Franson isn't that guy though.

I doubt there are any top notch defenders available, barring a gross overpayment.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would do it for Franson and Gardiner or either plus something big like Frederik Gauthier. B. Schenn is worth more than either of those two and I don't even like Schenn all that much even with the recent production.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
with the way the train got back on the tracks, i dont see any moves being made unless the Flyers come out of the deal a better team.

i think the fire sale got extinquished when the team found the ability to not stink the buildings out...

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
What is up with media members that have some ties to Toronto suddenly spouting off about players on the Flyers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad