Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I think pretty much everybody on the team is likely to see a dip in production. Last year was, as you said, "all cylinders."

As long as Point is cracking 70 points and playing 200 feet, great.

I'm also perfectly fine with Point hovering around 0.8/1ppg from now on, as it seems a more realistic projection after this crazy season. *

* Unless scoring in the NHL continues to go up for sure.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
To me it's mostly the goals that are gonna go down. Teams are gonna take away that spot he was constantly scoring from on the PP. He should hit 30, but not 40.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think pretty much everybody on the team is likely to see a dip in production. Last year was, as you said, "all cylinders."

As long as Point is cracking 70 points and playing 200 feet, great.

Feels like we got all our luck in the regular season because we won many games that we probably should have lost if it wasn’t for late heroics. Then in the playoffs nothing went our way. The only bounce that went our way was the disallowed goal. Columbus just ended up scoring anyways. Not saying luck is why we lost but it sure didn’t feel like we had much in the sweep.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Feels like we got all our luck in the regular season because we won many games that we probably should have lost if it wasn’t for late heroics. Then in the playoffs nothing went our way. The only bounce that went our way was the disallowed goal. Columbus just ended up scoring anyways. Not saying luck is why we lost but it sure didn’t feel like we had much in the sweep.

Trust me you're on the right track. The refs didn't just put the whistles away, it lasted about for 172-3ish minutes of the last 180 minutes of the series -Point did score a PPG in game 4 and I'm not gonna do the math on how long the CBJ actually had to kill a penalty.

This is a breakdown of our actual PP opportunities post game 1. I'm not talking about all the CBJ penalties, just any sequence that resulted in the Lightning having a 5 on 4.

Game 2

Too Many Men 4:21 2nd period

Tripping 5:51 3rd period

Roughing 15:34 3rd period - An extra penalty assessed to Josh Anderson in the midst of a coincidental 10 minute penalty by Hedman

Game 3

Zero

Game 4

Cross-check 16:43 2nd period

Break down the averages as you please. My personal take is

"lol wow... if they hadn't taken that too many men that you HAVE to call, the refs blew the whistle on the CBJ all of 3 times in 3 games and once of which was when the game was so far out of reach it didn't matter and we didn't have Hedman for that PP anyway"

This is on top of a reported LBI to Vasy, Hedman probably having a concussion and of course Stralman being hurt again at the worst possible time and it completely destroyed out PK structure.

Again not why we lost but when you look at how round 1 was officiated league-wide it just makes everything that happened look that much worse

Reactions: CupsOverCash

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
LOL, yikes... I know this is related to automobiles but I instantly thought of something else. Am I the only one??
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BeingTheThunder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad