Confirmed with Link: Brassard to Pittsburgh for 2018 1st, Gustavsson, Ian Cole

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
A low 1st rounder (26th overall or worse, probably) and a prospect goalie for TWO YEARS of the best center on the market with one of the most affordable contracts for a player of his caliber?

That's a bad deal for us.
Agreed. I'm disappointed that they weren't able to get a top prospect. I don't think they need another Hogburg.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A low 1st rounder (26th overall or worse, probably) and a prospect goalie for TWO YEARS of the best center on the market with one of the most affordable contracts for a player of his caliber?

That's a bad deal for us.

Not enough.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Brassard is cheap, which flies in the face of how this team operates. The other side of it is he was not going to factor in to long term plans and might have gotten much less this time next year. I just don't want Brown, Chlapik or White thrust into a role that they may not be ready for.

I would have rather it be Pageau.

Don't like it, but I have a feeling these bits are going to be moved for something bigger, sadly.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
I don't like this.

A late 1st, a good goalie prospect, and a UFA.

Goalie prospects are always risky, this was a really bad trade IMO.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Ya I take back that I like the trade.

Zibanejad + early 2nd for

Gustavsson
Late 1st
Ian Cole

If Karlsson wasn't moving maybe it would look good for the future somewhat but there is no future

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Sens are clearly going to flip Cole as well.

Not a slam dunk of a trade, but honestly it could have been much worse.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
The next few days are gonna suuuuck. Even though Brass didn't play for us for that long, I'm still gonna miss him.

As for the return, it looks ok for now I guess. Gustavsson impressed me during the WJC, but goalie prospects can be a crapshoot. The first rounder will obviously be a late one and hopefully we can turn around and deal Cole for something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad