Line Combos: Brassard plan B

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Man we are really in a difficult situation, here.

I am all for geting Plekanec or Grabner, but what do we do with what we have? We have a really balanced team that has amazing chemistry. What if we pull a regular out to play one of these guys? I don't think we want to do that.

OTOH what if we make no moves and get 3 forwards injured? We are starting to get a bit thin there and anything on top of that could be worse.

I wonder if the Jets send Roslovic back down to be the top guy for the Moose in the playoffs. Seems crazy with what he's done here, but it makes the most sense. He can get big minutes and responsibility down there, get the experience and heaven forbid we lose a top 6 guy he comes up and slots right in.

Roslovic is playing on the second line of a top NHL team, and producing. He is not going anywhere.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Letestu was traded to Nashville and then flipped to Columbus. Perhaps in a effort to further screw us...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Man we are really in a difficult situation, here.

I am all for geting Plekanec or Grabner, but what do we do with what we have? We have a really balanced team that has amazing chemistry. What if we pull a regular out to play one of these guys? I don't think we want to do that.

OTOH what if we make no moves and get 3 forwards injured? We are starting to get a bit thin there and anything on top of that could be worse.

I wonder if the Jets send Roslovic back down to be the top guy for the Moose in the playoffs. Seems crazy with what he's done here, but it makes the most sense. He can get big minutes and responsibility down there, get the experience and heaven forbid we lose a top 6 guy he comes up and slots right in.
Like I wrote in the other thread, Roslovic belongs with the Jets. He doesn't really need more development and he's a strong contributor to the Jets. Moose playoffs are much, much less important than the Jets.

Reactions: Jet

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be quite annoying if we end up with nothing in a year where we’re the best we’ve been. Meanwhile teams like the Leafs make additions when they’re years behind us in their rebuild and aren’t nearly as much of a contender in the grand scheme of things.

We have to do something to show we’re here for real and we’re not going to sit on our asses and go down easy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It would be quite annoying if we end up with nothing in a year where we’re the best we’ve been. Meanwhile teams like the Leafs make additions when they’re years behind us in their rebuild and aren’t nearly as much of a contender in the grand scheme of things.

We have to do something to show we’re here for real and we’re not going to sit on our asses and go down easy.
Just the kind of attitude that leads to bad decisions.

Identify the assets your willing to move and the ones you won't, decide on a price for acquisition. Walk away if you can't find a fit. Lots of bad trades made at the TDL.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

How do we do it without hurting our chemistry(everyone is playing good, some could be upgraded but it might hurt the locker room more than help the Win column).

Kulikov and Enstrom could be upgraded by McDonagh, is it worth pushing out our second best LD(Kulikov) or a guy who has been in this lockeroom grinding it out as one of our best with Wheeler, Little, Byfuglien since the start of the Jets 2.0, then ask yourself is a rental worth a Niku or Vesalainen + a first round pick on top of all that?

Of coarse we could upgrade our Center(anywhere down the line), we could pick up a Galchenyuk(move him back to Center) or Cullen but is it really worth forcing Hendricks one of the biggest names in the lockeroom who is willing to fight one of his friends and former teammate for his current teammates, is it worth risking the chemistry that Ehlers and Laine have found with Copp that took all year to find through the lineup for those guys, is it worth risking the chemistry that Roslovic and Perreault have with Little right now(once in a blue moon that line is in their own zone) while again moving big future pieces.

I don’t think we need to trade for any player(unless Tavares or Karlsson is being offered at a real good price, not gonna happen though).

If anything the Jets should pursue a goalie, perhaps one with a long body of work and good knowledge of the playoffs so Hellebuyck isn’t walking into the playoffs blind for what’s to come and doing so alone.
But there’s hardly any options for that.
Anderson, Halak, Miller or Howard maybe but what’s the price for that...

This is the lineup we should have going into the playoffs...

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Copp Laine
Perreault Little Roslovic
Hendricks Lowry Armia

Morrissey Myers
Kulikov Byfuglien
Enstrom Trouba

Hellebuyck
_______?
Mason/Hutchinson?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommigun

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Like I wrote in the other thread, Roslovic belongs with the Jets. He doesn't really need more development and he's a strong contributor to the Jets. Moose playoffs are much, much less important than the Jets.

I wasn't suggesting that Roslovic wasn't contributing or belonged with the big club. I absolutely think he belongs. I was just pontificating on how the Jets might add to their forward depth without subtracting players they really like (Tanev and Hendricks).

I guess we will wait to see what they do if the Jets ever get healthy up front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad