Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a player get called for charging while skating backwards.

At least they evened it up, but what a brutal call.

Reactions: Jawk

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I'm not sure that I've ever seen a player get called for charging while skating backwards.

Joke call. "player get called for charging while skating backwards" is the first thing I said.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hot Damn! Jay McKee is my Coach of the Year. I really don’t think this should be a close vote. He has done such an outstanding job getting players to buy into his system. All the injuries don’t matter when you jsut keep throwing equal five man units over the boards every shift and execute.

Brantford is my sleeper pick for the playoffs.

If there was no hit to the head, there was no penalty…. Simple as that. It wasn’t even a big hit. If that is a true charge, I will chew off my left arm live on the Internet…

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Hot Damn! Jay McKee is my Coach of the Year. I really don’t think this should be a close vote. He has done such an outstanding job getting players to buy into his system. All the injuries don’t matter when you jsut keep throwing equal five man units over the boards every shift and execute.

Brantford is my sleeper pick for the playoffs.

If there was no hit to the head, there was no penalty…. Simple as that. It wasn’t even a big hit. If that is a true charge, I will chew off my left arm live on the Internet…

Totally agree about the job Mckee and his staff have done. Just incredible.

I'm skeptical about the playoffs unless they get Hamara back. He is so important to them on the back end.

They haven't faired very well against the top teams in the East, but they also haven't had their A lineup together in a single game post trade deadline.

If they ever do, they could be scary.

Reactions: Canadian Game

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Totally agree about the job Mckee and his staff have done. Just incredible.

I'm skeptical about the playoffs unless they get Hamara back. He is so important to them on the back end.

They haven't faired very well against the top teams in the East, but they also haven't had their A lineup together in a single game post trade deadline.

If they ever do, they could be scary.

Sounds like Lardis is back next week. If not, then for the playoffs. Okitundu as well. I haven't heard anything about Hamara though.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Sounds like Lardis is back next week. If not, then for the playoffs. Okitundu as well. I haven't heard anything about Hamara though.

Hamara still has a boot on.

Egorov has improved quite a bit as the season has gone on.

Much more confident now

I agree.

I've thought all year that they would have to go out and get a starting goalie for next year. I'm not so sure anymore.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
McKee rarely gets the credit he deserves. Top coach in this league that always has his team playing with structure.

Hamara should be the only guy that misses playoff games. From what I hear (someone that would know, but is not directly involved with the team), is that he won't be available for the first round. Take that with a grain of salt, I think it's good info, but I wouldn't bet my own money on it.

Seems like Egorov had adjusted to the speed of the league and is feeling pretty good. Not sure I'd be looking for a starter in the summer.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Hamara still has a boot on.

I agree.

I've thought all year that they would have to go out and get a starting goalie for next year. I'm not so sure anymore.
Although Egorov has improved im still not so sold on him as being a capable starter especially if this team has sights on being one of the top teams in the East. To me its the consistency . Great game against Ottawa and then the game against Missy (I didn't see the whole game so maybe someone can argue the final score was not a reflection of his play). I can see a 60/40 or 50/50 split next year. Who knows, is junior hockey and players can make big jumps one year to the next.

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge on the league can comment on what goalie could be available via trade in the offseason. I would think we are not looking to use an OA spot on a goalie either. Reminds me a little bit a few years ago with Guelph when they traded for Justin Nichols in the off season from the Sault because they knew they had a contending team going in but questionable goaltending

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Although Egorov has improved im still not so sold on him as being a capable starter especially if this team has sights on being one of the top teams in the East. To me its the consistency . Great game against Ottawa and then the game against Missy (I didn't see the whole game so maybe someone can argue the final score was not a reflection of his play). I can see a 60/40 or 50/50 split next year. Who knows, is junior hockey and players can make big jumps one year to the next.

Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge on the league can comment on what goalie could be available via trade in the offseason. I would think we are not looking to use an OA spot on a goalie either. Reminds me a little bit a few years ago with Guelph when they traded for Justin Nichols in the off season from the Sault because they knew they had a contending team going in but questionable goaltending

They have too many quality OA candidates next year to use an OA spot on a goalie imo.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Is there an NHL team that the Bulldogs could cozy up to and see if one of their high value European prospects could suit up for the Bulldogs as part of the next stage of their development? :sarcasm:

If there is an NHL team that the Bulldogs may be able to develop a good relationship with, maybe that team has a drafted goalie that could come play in North America? Heck, maybe that goalie is already playing in North America in a league like the BCHL?

Food for thought….

Last edited:

Babs716

Sep 22, 2023
Is there an NHL team that the Bulldogs could cozy up to and see if one of their high value European prospects could suit up for the Bulldogs as part of the next stage of their development? :sarcasm:

If there is an NHL team that the Bulldogs may be able to develop a good relationship with, maybe that team has a drafted goalie that could come play in North America? Heck, maybe that goalie is already playing in North America in a league like the BCHL?

Food for thought….
…Nikitin….

Reactions: PuckStop75

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Roberts will miss both games this weekend due to suspension. Exceeded his fight limit.

D pairings are going to be interesting.

Babs716

Sep 22, 2023
Roberts will miss both games this weekend due to suspension. Exceeded his fight limit.

D pairings are going to be interesting.
My guess would be…

Protz/Sobolev
Moore/Krmpotic
Chen/Rebelo

I miss Hamara and Oki and I’m sure the boys do too…

Drobac should be back…so at least there’s that.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
My guess would be…

Protz/Sobolev
Moore/Krmpotic
Chen/Rebelo

I miss Hamara and Oki and I’m sure the boys do too…

Drobac should be back…so at least there’s that.
Is Chen going to be able to play after missing the Niagara game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad