Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
1695937713380.png

Looks like the Bulldogs got their duo for the year in Egorov and Drobac.

Best of luck to Malboeuf in Kitchener.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
It makes sense with only 1 other OA on the team there is definitely room for Matteo.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Egorov was always going to be on this team, and given the OA situation it's probably better that they held on to Drobac.

Who now slots into the #3 goalie spot when we need it?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Very happy to see Egorov get the backup slot right away. The lack of OHL experience last year didn’t allow him to get comfortable. In preseason he was given a fair amount of ice time and quickly looked comfortable after his first start. Even despite a 4-2 loss to Guelph in the final game, all of the Storm’s goals came on the PP (no even strength).

Sucks to see Malbeouf gone but I’m glad he has the opportunity in Kitchener. With the Bulldogs looking like a good team this season, I was hoping Drobac would remain the starter, especially with only have 2 OAs.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Rogers TV is now carrying the Bulldogs games. I wonder if that means there is a feed that can be found online now?

That CHL pass isn't cheap.lol

Glad to hear that Lardis is suiting up.

Happy for Sherk, but I don't like the line choice. Sherk is a straight ahead power skating C, but isn't half the playmaker that Thomas is.

If that line does work, it means their 2nd line should be pretty strong as well.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
First half of the game was good. Looked like the team could play with them all game.

Second half was the complete opposite of that. Lots of sloppy play, couldn't get the puck out, guys standing still not really trying to get open.

PP was pretty terrible in the preseason from what I've seen and it hasn't gotten any better.

Rough start but the Wolves are a very good team and if they can play like they did for the first half of the game vs top tier teams, we should see better results.

The Soo is next up.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It’s only the second game into the season and already the game isn’t being broadcasted on tv. Being Rogers Guelph, I expect Guelph games will get priority over Bulldogs games, but I’m assuming.

It also appears that the Bulldogs don’t have someone actively running their social media and giving updates during the games. Hopefully they’re just looking for a staff member or intern and this changes soon.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Rough start to the season. Blown leads in back to back games. Today they blew a 4-1 lead. Would have been nice if it were on tv, but could only listen to the radio broadcast. Hard to comment without actually watching it though.

On another note, Jake O’Brien scored his first OHL goal.

Reactions: Rounder8

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I thought the Bulldogs played well for the most part.

Jake O'Brien had a really strong game. The PP is still struggling, wouldn't mind seeing him get a few chances there.

Drobac had a pretty shaky game, seems to be having difficulty controlling the puck but the team also took too many penalties.

Was nice to see Avery Hayes little brother out there, kid looks like he's going to be a top tier player in the league for years to come.

Hopefully they can get a win for the sold out crowd on Saturday

Reactions: Canadian Game

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Rough start to the season. Blown leads in back to back games. Today they blew a 4-1 lead. Would have been nice if it were on tv, but could only listen to the radio broadcast. Hard to comment without actually watching it though.

On another note, Jake O’Brien scored his first OHL goal.

It looks like Vanacker has found a scoring touch and is poised for a BIG jump in production. He had tons of chances last year, but couldn't put the puck in the net.

One thing about having Thomas C the second line is that both of the kids on his line should get tons of good looks.

I said screw it and bought the CHL pass.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It looks like Vanacker has found a scoring touch and is poised for a BIG jump in production. He had tons of chances last year, but couldn't put the puck in the net.

One thing about having Thomas C the second line is that both of the kids on his line should get tons of good looks.

I said screw it and bought the CHL pass.
I completely agree with your post.

Vanacker has looked really good so far, so hopefully he keeps it up. He has been exciting to watch so far.

I almost bought the CHL pass last night but couldn’t get the laptop to cast to the tv, which I’d like to fix if I’m buying the pass. I also didn’t see on the CHL site, but I believe you can rewatch past games from the season with the pass?

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
The building in Brantford is going to be so much fun when you're in your seat. The store, concessions, bathrooms, lobby, and concourse are going to be a nightmare.

Heading home from gift pickup (if you think they did nothing when they had to sell tickets, they practically spoiled us compared to this year) and have some pictures I'll throw up on imgur and will post a link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad