Signing(s): Brandon Staley is the Chargers next head coach

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He reportedly doesn't want either job. Don't blame him.
Can’t say I blame him. QB controversy and an unhappy QB on a team with little draft capital the past 2 seasons thus starting from scratch.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Who he brings in as OC will be absolutely crucial. Everything I've read on him has been largely positive and there's no doubting that his defense was absolutely electric this season.
Was this too big a jump too soon. I guess we'll see.
I'm just excited about getting rid of the dinosaurs who've been coaching this team the past 4 seasons. Hopefully Staley is given full license to build his own staff and not forced to keep a bunch of retreads.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who he brings in as OC will be absolutely crucial. Everything I've read on him has been largely positive and there's no doubting that his defense was absolutely electric this season.
Was this too big a jump too soon. I guess we'll see.
I'm just excited about getting rid of the dinosaurs who've been coaching this team the past 4 seasons. Hopefully Staley is given full license to build his own staff and not forced to keep a bunch of retreads.
The D side pretty much assured a full make over. Offense see who he wants to keep. These candidates must all give names of people that they have already chatted with about joining them at certain locations.

see how many of these first time HC last and or get another shot down the line.

you have basically all first time HC in the nfl though Campbell was interim in Miami for over half a season.

But seen plenty of guys like Frazier, Morris, Spags, Allen, etc be one shot and done as a HC and have gone back to being a coordinator with success.

so it’s about picking the right job plus taking a job when it is available because you never know when your side of the ball is hit hard with either decline in play or injuries and this you end up with no further HC opportunities.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

Saints staff is getting picked apart. Thus far Campbell, Glenn, Lombardi and Fontenot have left the building and they were very close to losing their Dline coach but he ended up staying due to being promoted to assistant DC.

Good move for the Bolts. I think Lombardi will do well paired with Herbert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad