Salary Cap: Brandon Saad's Potential Contract Extension

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Stan will extend him ASAP, just like he does everyone else.

Depending how negotiations go with T+K it's possible he even gets his done first.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
4 yrs @ 3m would be a steal.

Do you think he's part of the core moving forward or just another Frolik?

he's a core player as long as the cap allows, IMO

Toews
Kane
Keith
Hossa
Sharp
Seabrook
Hammer
Saad
Leddy
Kruger
Shaw

I think this is who is likely to be kept around long-term as long as the cap allows

Blackhawks 1991

Apr 28, 2014
I hope he signs a 4 year @ 3m extension then a 2 year @ 5m extension. That'll be the time 41 year old Hossa retires or is cooperatively put on LITR.

Saad will never be Hossa but he's got all the tools to be 80% of Big Hoss.

Blackhawks 1991

Apr 28, 2014
Potential Future Playoff Lines:

Bickell - Toews - Hossa

Sharp - Teravainen - Kane

Saad - Smith/Shaw - Shaw/Hayes?

Morin - Kruger - Versteeg

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Potential Future Playoff Lines:

Bickell - Toews - Hossa

Sharp - Teravainen - Kane

Saad - Smith/Shaw - Shaw/Hayes?

Morin - Kruger - Versteeg

I cant see this being the lines for the future. We have too many prospects coming up.
Sadly i think kruger will be replaced with Danault. Hayes isnt going to resign (i think) so put Smith there or Mcneill or Hartman.

Saad- Toews - Hossa

Sharp- Teravainen - Kane

Bickell - Shaw - Versteeg

Morin - Danault - Hartman

Holy **** thats a good line up!

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I cant see this being the lines for the future. We have too many prospects coming up.
Sadly i think kruger will be replaced with Danault. Hayes isnt going to resign (i think) so put Smith there or Mcneill or Hartman.

Saad- Toews - Hossa

Sharp- Teravainen - Kane

Bickell - Shaw - Versteeg

Morin - Danault - Hartman

Holy **** thats a good line up!

Who's the line besides the Toews line drawing hard minutes? Can't give it to that 2nd line, that'd be a disaster, or that 3rd line, then that's a lot of pressure for Danault to handle as a young center, something I think Kruger gets a little underrated for.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
I know he's had a rough go of it as of late, but stop fooling yourselves... Saad won't go for anything south of $3.5M per, and I'd be very surprised if he isn't ultimately above $4M annually.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Who's the line besides the Toews line drawing hard minutes? Can't give it to that 2nd line, that'd be a disaster, or that 3rd line, then that's a lot of pressure for Danault to handle as a young center, something I think Kruger gets a little underrated for.

This is not my prediction for next year but maybe the year after. I say let Krugers contract run out if he wants a promotion and bring danault, who by then will be not so young. OR sign kruger to a similar contract that he has now and trade Danault for picks somewhere. Doing this allows management to keep the money and focus it on our top-6 such as Saad and TT.

SLarmer28*

2014-15 Chicago Blackhawks forward lines:

Bickell - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Teravainen - Hossa
Saad - Shaw - Morin
Bollig - Kruger - Smith

Teuvo should center a line with two veterans on the wings.

Nordstrom will probably need another year of seasoning in the AHL.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
This might be a dumb question but if Versteeg is traded does florida still pay for half his salary? Honestly I see him the odd man out sometimes in our team heading forward. That money could go towards Saad and replenish the Draft/prospect pool

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This might be a dumb question but if Versteeg is traded does florida still pay for half his salary? Honestly I see him the odd man out sometimes in our team heading forward. That money could go towards Saad and replenish the Draft/prospect pool

Who do you think is paying half his salary now? Its Florida. So lets say he gets traded there they will adopt the other half of the salary which will end up being his full salary.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Who do you think is paying half his salary now? Its Florida. So lets say he gets traded there they will adopt the other half of the salary which will end up being his full salary.

I think you misread what i said. I know florida is paying for half his contract now. I'm wondering if Florida continues for half if Versteeg gets trade to (insert Team here)

Blackhawks 1991

Apr 28, 2014
So Florida will pickup half of Versteegs contract for the duration? Regardless of what the Hawks choose to do with him?

I hope Saad accepts around 3-3.5m for 2-3 years.

And Toews and Kane could be getting around 9m. However, the Chicago market is one of the only places where hockey players can get valuable endorsement deals so that should decrease the amount they demand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad