Recalled/Assigned: Brandon Mashinter assigned to Hartford

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
tuff guys that play hockey?? on the Rangers? really kid? i will give up my obsession with tuff hockey when you guys admit hank is so overrated it hurts ok?

Brandon Mashinter vs. Henrik Lundqvist. Im sure the record will show you are on the right side of history here. Speaking of which, how is Nash coming along? Still expecting a return post-mid December?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
At least Haley has some skills and can skate

Well AV showed he has no confidence in Mashinter so I don't think he would be the next call up if anything happened.

if they want someone tough then yea Haley but they have Lindberg, Kristo, Hrvik,etc

Also Miller will be down soon so he's the obvious choice if anyone gets hurt

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm glad that while this board debates Haley vs. Mashinter, Vigneault has the sense to use neither.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
For a team that generally lacks toughness, the fact that Mashinter gets sent down says a lot about Mashinter.

Singing
who are they going to bench? Dorset plays the PK and is at least a hustle guy.. Their are a few guys on this team on rep a lone like BP and Dom Moore who bring nothing to the line up. The Rangers will be physically punished before the yr is over and then everyone will cry on here we lack toughness.

Now to the people saying Mash vs Hank.. I didnt say that yet you twist it to make yourself happy.. What i said was

I will stop liking tough guys when you people admit Hank is overrated. guess neither will happen..

Trust the source comment is funny because i give you more Rangers insight then 99% of the NY media who by the way some actually call for inside news..

farewell guys

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Singing who are they going to bench?

There are plenty of options.

Pouliot has broght very little to team.

Brassard prior to last night had done very little.

You could make an argument that with all of his bad penalties Dorestt could sit (plenty of other PKers).

Their are a few guys on this team on rep a lone like BP and Dom Moore who bring nothing to the line up.

You want to spin the blame away from your guy. The fact is Mashinter has not shown himself to be a capable NHLer. He doesn't skate well enough and he's not a good enough fighter to overlook the areas where he's lacking. They made a choice to keep (and scratch JT Miller) rather than keep Mashinter here (a guy who on the surface is better suited to play on the fourth line or be scratched here).

And the idea that AV is playing guys based on rep is flawed. He sat Del Zotto in favor of Falk. Who has the rep there?

The Rangers will be physically punished before the yr is over and then everyone will cry on here we lack toughness.

You're acting like the lack of toughness (toughness, not a fighter) is a revelation. It's been acknowledged and discussed at length. But Mashinter won't and can't change that.

Last edited:

RangersHank*

Singing
who are they going to bench? Dorset plays the PK and is at least a hustle guy.. Their are a few guys on this team on rep a lone like BP and Dom Moore who bring nothing to the line up. The Rangers will be physically punished before the yr is over and then everyone will cry on here we lack toughness.

Now to the people saying Mash vs Hank.. I didnt say that yet you twist it to make yourself happy.. What i said was

I will stop liking tough guys when you people admit Hank is overrated. guess neither will happen..

Trust the source comment is funny because i give you more Rangers insight then 99% of the NY media who by the way some actually call for inside news..

farewell guys

Hank is overrated? LOL amazing. And you cover the Rangers? Anybody that "covers" the rangers knows that Hank is the backbone of the team. Sure he has bad games but he is the backbone. Overrated? Ditto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad