Recalled/Assigned: Brandon Mashinter assigned to Hartford

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I thought it would be Miller too just for playing time and Mashinter is a cheaper spare

must have a plan. Read Pyatt is feeling better too so maybe he isn't that far from coming back. 4th line im fine with him anything else I snap:laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Miller is getting the Kreider treatment this year. No idea why this team can't assemble a decent bottom six without having to throw promising kids into limited minutes.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Miller is getting the Kreider treatment this year. No idea why this team can't assemble a decent bottom six without having to throw promising kids into limited minutes.

Agreed.

Mashinter stinks. He doesnt have the wheels to be an NHL player. But the real travesty is what the issue does to younger players.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I don't mind grooming future top-six players on the third line, as long as they are mature enough to recognize the reasons why they aren't in the top-six yet. Didn't Detroit do this for years?

Plus, Miller gives the third line a potential scoring element. One of the glaring issues with past Rangers teams were that their bottom-six was an offensive black hole.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Habs top line this years (Galch, Gallagher) played limited 3rd line minutes last year. You can't expect kids to just jump right into top6 minutes at the age of 20

I don't mind grooming future top-six players on the third line, as long as they are mature enough to recognize the reasons why they aren't in the top-six yet. Didn't Detroit do this for years?

Plus, Miller gives the third line a potential scoring element. One of the glaring issues with past Rangers teams were that their bottom-six was an offensive black hole.

Very much agreed. Will be interesting once nash comes back in the lineup. I am guessing they don't want to break up the Stepan Kreider Zucc line as that has been dominant. Nash will end up bumping Cally or Hags down to the 3rd line which is some great depth for us, hopefully that is the spark Brassard needs to get his game going.

Punxrocknyc19*

reasons players like Pyatt Pouliot and Boyle must get traded. at least Boyle is solid on the PK and defensively.. Pyatt and Pouliot bring nothing but size and its a shame that never use it to their advantage. Pouliot and Pyatt are stupid players.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
No great loss.

Miller seems like type who can develop in a 3rd line NHL role. I'm not against his being up.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Habs top line this years (Galch, Gallagher) played limited 3rd line minutes last year. You can't expect kids to just jump right into top6 minutes at the age of 20

That's all well and good, but that's not what is happening here. Miller isn't getting 3rd line minutes. He played 9:14 last night, and that was his high since he was recalled. He's playing on the 4th line. The Habs players listed rarely ever saw less than 11-12 minutes per game.

I'm not advocating that he gets top-six minutes. I'm saying he should be in the AHL where he belongs right now.

We really can't find a person to play 9 minutes while not being completely inept? A recent 1st round pick is our solution for that problem?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Usually these kinds of threats are accompanied by someone writing that they think it means a trade is coming.

The two Sedins for Pyatt and Asham seems fair, but to make it really attractive, we can throw in a second round pick.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I'm not sure if I would rely on Miller to provide offense in the bottom six. His only goal came when Kreider was being double-shifted his line. While Miller does provide some energy to his line, I still think that he could use some fine-tuning in Hartford. His defensive play/decision-making in the neutral zone needs improvement.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Usually these kinds of threats are accompanied by someone writing that they think it means a trade is coming.

The two Sedins for Pyatt and Asham seems fair, but to make it really attractive, we can throw in a second round pick.
We shouldn't just throw picks around willy-nilly.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
It's nuts. Kid should be in Hartford scoring goals vs. 4th line minutes that should go to a Mashinter type.

Wolfy*

This indicates Nash will return tomorrow, just like he predicted himself :)

As for Mashinter, I didn't even notice him...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Sure, Miller has upside, but the place to develop that upside is getting big minutes in the AHL.

Hes shiny compared to tired old retreads like Pyatt and Pouliot but the truth of the matter is, at this point in time, he is no more productive.

Wolfy*

I don't want Nash to come back on tuesday. I could already picture Lucic taking runs at him and re-injuring him.

What we don't want to see is this..

Have to give Nash some credits though, guess I can't call him soft anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad