Prospect Info: Brandon Hagel (2016, 159th) – '18-19: Rights relinquished; signs ELC with Chicago

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Is he not with the Red Deer anymore. Why does hockeydb say he's back with the AJHL?

Eliteprospects has him back to Red Deer. Can't imagine anything different after scoring 47 points last season.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Is he not with the Red Deer anymore. Why does hockeydb say he's back with the AJHL?

He's definitely with Red Deer. I'm sure once a game is played, HockeyDB will accurately reflect the league he's in. There's likely some data field used to display what you see until actual game data for the season is put in and thus used.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Hagel rejoined Red Deer two days ago. Main message from Sabres was to add strength, which should surprise no one.
“It was quite the experience. Those guys (pros) are pretty strong out there,†Hagel said Wednesday, two days after rejoining the Rebels. “But it’s always good to be back.â€

Hagel has grown considerably since his minor hockey days and at six-foot-one and 165 pounds, clearly hasn’t been overpowered at the major junior level. However, after competing at a higher level in Buffalo, he realizes he’ll have to bulk up somewhat if he wants to one day play for pay.

“It was obviously a faster-paced game (in Buffalo),†he said. “It was a little more simple and easier to make plays because of the support with you, but, yeah, strength was the No. 1 thing.â€

Still, the 18-year-old felt good about his performance.

“There were some nerves going into it, but in the end I thought I put everything out on the line and I thought I had a pretty good camp,†he said. “Now I have to show that here.â€

The message to Hagel when he departed Buffalo was one he was familiar with, but nevertheless took to heart.

“I was told that the main thing is just to gain strength and get a little bigger,†he said. “But that’s not news to me. I’ve been told that my whole career. Now I have to focus on that this year and do the right things.â€
http://reddeerrebels.com/article/passed-over-in-bantam-draft-hagel-now-an-nhl-prospect

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects - Sabres Prospects Report - Wednesday, October 5 -

Brandon Hagel scored a short-handed goal and added an assist in the third period Wednesday to help Red Deer claim a 5-4 victory over Kamloops.

After the Rebels fell behind 3-0 after the opening period, the floodgates opened with the hosts scoring the next five goals. Hagel, who previously missed on two golden opportunities in the contest, finally connected for his marker at 5:36 of the final frame by getting behind the defense and finishing off a break at the side of the cage. Four minutes later, Hagel provided an assist on the game-winner before the Blazers added a late goal to complete the scoring.

http://www.sabresprospects.com/2016/10/105-recap-hagel-makes-difference.html

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hagel has been playing so well now after a slow start. Has 4 goals and 10 assists in 16 games. Looking like a solid playmaking forward and late round still like Giorgio

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
just needs to drop the gloves with a guy named kant lol actually it's hegel mods pls delete

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hagel now has a 5 game point streak as he scores his 5th of the season short handed. Hagel now has 5 goals and 11 assists in 18 games. Looking like a great draft pick indeed

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Make it 3 goals for Hagel last night , now 18 points in 18 games. 6th round steal indeed

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Make it 3 goals for Hagel last night , now 18 points in 18 games. 6th round steal indeed

I like Hagel alot, but nearly every forward drafted in the 6th and 7th round is at or near PPG pace. Not sure if he's a steal, or if this was just a very deep draft for mid tier prospects.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hagel continues his hot play, one game ago he collected a goal and an assist. Good for 8 goals and 12 assists on the season in 20 games. Atta boy TMGM absolutely love this kid

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Hagel with an assist in the first period . 21 points in 12 games (8-13) and points in 6 of his last 7 games

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Let the hot streak continue. Hagel now has points in 7 of the last 8 games played with 2 more assists tonight ! Make that 8 goals and 15 assists for 23 points in 22 games. Ever since being promoted to the top line he has been one of the Memorial Cup Hosts best players. He keeps getting better game after game. Love this kid

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Let the hot streak continue. Hagel now has points in 7 of the last 8 games played with 2 more assists tonight ! Make that 8 goals and 15 assists for 23 points in 22 games. Ever since being promoted to the top line he has been one of the Memorial Cup Hosts best players. He keeps getting better game after game. Love this kid

Such an underrated not spoken about pick who is shaping up well. Thanks for the updates. Hard to keep up with all these leagues.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Such an underrated not spoken about pick who is shaping up well. Thanks for the updates. Hard to keep up with all these leagues.

Yeah no problem, Hagel is my 5th favorite prospect from the 2016 draft behind Nylander, Pu, Asplund and Fitz. I had huge confidence in him cause one he went to the Memorial Cup as a 17 year old, and two having 47 points in his rookie season was really appealing. I believe Hagel has outstanding potential. It's way to early to tell if he will make an impact in the NHL but he has great potential and his hot play proves that

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
‏@SabresProspects - Tuesday, November 22 -

Two assists tonight for Brandon Hagel in Red Deer's 3-0 win over Calgary. He'll maintain his point-per-game pace with 23 (8+15) in 22 games.

@SabresProspects - Wednesday, November 23 -

Brandon Hagel strikes on the PP for his ninth goal of the year. Red Deer-Kootenay knotted 1-1 in 1st.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
‏@SabresProspects - Tuesday, November 22 -

Two assists tonight for Brandon Hagel in Red Deer's 3-0 win over Calgary. He'll maintain his point-per-game pace with 23 (8+15) in 22 games.

@SabresProspects - Wednesday, November 23 -

Brandon Hagel strikes on the PP for his ninth goal of the year. Red Deer-Kootenay knotted 1-1 in 1st.

I knew I would be commenting if Hagel played well and here I am. Hagel now has an assist in the game . Now 9 goals and 16 assists. 25 points in 23 games. Points in 8 of his last 9 games. I will admit Pu is no doubt our best player behind Nylander and Asplund and is no doubt getting a lot of attention right now. But Hagel is on fire. What a great player to get for a 6th round pick .

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@Rebelshockey -
GOOOOAAAL! Spacek feeds @Bhags9 a long pass up the middle for a break-away and it's 1-0 Rebels! 8:11 remaining in 1st period.
GOOOOAAAL!! @Bhags9 notches his second of the game to make it 3-0 Rebels! 12:11 remains in the middle frame.
GOOOOAAAL!!! @Bhags9 doesn't give up on the rebound and gets his 3rd goal of the night! It's 7-1 Rebels! #HatsOff4Hagel

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Rebels had a handful of posts last night too, so the opportunity was there for another multi-point game, just Spacek hit the crossbar off a Hagel backhand feed and then later Hagel hit a post of his own that went out the other side.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
14 goals in under 30 games and 31 points. He's progressed remarkably and is turning into one of our most promising prospects. Not bad for a 6th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad