Prospect Info: Brandon Hagel (2016, 159th) – '18-19: Rights relinquished; signs ELC with Chicago

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Par for the course for this organization. Seriously why does this team even bother to pay people to scout and evaluate players when they could probably hire a bunch of interns, save a ton of money and probably get better results?

Reactions: paulmm3

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Par for the course for this organization. Seriously why does this team even bother to pay people to scout and evaluate players when they could probably hire a bunch of interns, save a ton of money and probably get better results?
Probably had something to do with the past regime drafted them and the new regime didn't see enough on a short leash.

Budik should have had a deal, Hagel should have had one.

Reactions: pf8363

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I only watched him at the camps, never red deer games but I liked him.

Justin bailey lighting up the Ahl now. I want him to get another shot but that one will hurt too

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
In his first pro season he appeared in his first NHL game with Chicago just prior to the shutdown and led AHL Rockford with 19 goals before the shutdown.

How much potential does he have or is that the peak of his promise? In looking at the Tucson team that dominated out West it seems the bulk of the scoring came from AAAA players who, while putting up big numbers in the AHL, had been mediocre in their initial NHL opportunities (including the aforementioned Justin Bailey).

Wondering if this is a miss for the Sabres or if there are better options currently in the system?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
In his first pro season he appeared in his first NHL game with Chicago just prior to the shutdown and led AHL Rockford with 19 goals before the shutdown.

How much potential does he have or is that the peak of his promise? In looking at the Tucson team that dominated out West it seems the bulk of the scoring came from AAAA players who, while putting up big numbers in the AHL, had been mediocre in their initial NHL opportunities (including the aforementioned Justin Bailey).

Wondering if this is a miss for the Sabres or if there are better options currently in the system?

I think Chain nailed it at the top of the page. Without the Sabres passing on giving him a contract offer, he doesn’t become the dogged player he is today.

Reactions: joshjull

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I mean, there is no chance is the 2015-2020 Sabres could have developed him.

so while it’s frustrating, I am happy for him we didn’t sign him and ruin his nhl chances

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Classic that this guy has 8 goals 14 assists with Hawks and we drafted him. Be we are super excited by Bjorn Bjork who is two years older, not as good, and signed to an overpriced $1.6 M for next two years. Hagel is making $880,000. Nobody does asset management like your Buffalo Sabres.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I liked this pick. Another dumb Botterill move to be remembered alongside the other 20.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
To be fair, I think he gets a contract if Karabeck, Martin, and Cornel didn't. They were tight on slots at the time. Passing on him was a bad move. Even I could tell players like him claw their way into the league.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Classic that this guy has 8 goals 14 assists with Hawks and we drafted him. Be we are super excited by Bjorn Bjork who is two years older, not as good, and signed to an overpriced $1.6 M for next two years. Hagel is making $880,000. Nobody does asset management like your Buffalo Sabres.

man, you have to do a lot of work to make this thread about Bjork. Like a lot. Reading about Hagel, and taking your brain alllllll the way to bjork is just odd.

This organization has done so many bad things, it’s impressive you choose to make giant leaps to find ones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad