Confirmed with Link: Brandon Gormley to OTT for future considerations

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I remember having high hopes for him when he was drafted, being from P.E.I and all. Hasn't really done much since but good pick up for Bingo. Some d-man only blossom around his age so while the fingers are crossed I don't expect too much.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If you're strictly a Binghamton fan and don't care about the NHL, this must be a blockbuster.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Since it's post-deadline, he's ineligible to play in Ottawa. Binghamton only.

Doesn't it just mean he can't play in the playoffs? I think he can still play regular season games for either Ottawa or Binghamton.

I remember non playoff NHL teams making trades to shift a d for a f or vice versa. Just warm body trades.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Seriously, I'm with you guys... this kid is worth past regards at best and Doridiot goes out and gives future considerations? This team is so lost.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We could have used the future considerations as part of a package for Tavarers. What the **** is Dorian thinking? Terrible gm.

All aboard the fire Dorian train.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Doesn't it just mean he can't play in the playoffs? I think he can still play regular season games for either Ottawa or Binghamton.

I remember non playoff NHL teams making trades to shift a d for a f or vice versa. Just warm body trades.

He can play in Ottawa, he just can't play in the playoffs. The trade deadline would more appropriately be called the playoff eligibility deadline.

A similar example would be us going out and getting Gomez last season.

Maybe this trade is just one GM doing someone a favour. We need some veteran help at D in Binghamton and maybe Gormley will get more minutes in Bingo than he will in Albany(?).

It is a funny trade considering that the Devil's farm team will be moving to Binghamton next year.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
So... we're going all in?

I don't really know much (read as: anything except some of the team names) about the AHL. What kind of player is this guy? Will he help our younger farm team guys develop in the future or is he just a stop gap until Chabot forces him out of the line up?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Why did this happen? Did jersey just want him gone? I don't get the motivation for this deal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thats what the last 2 teams thought too.

Yeah his consistent stat line of being a minus everywhere he plays with very little point production looks to me like he likely just doesnt have it at the pro level.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Does the no playoffs thing for Gormley also apply to Bingo if they can make a miracle run and qualify?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is going to be an interesting pick up for Bellville, the defence should be quite interesting depending on who ends up there next yr. The left side looks really strong but does Ottawa have any right shot defensive prospects other than Jaros?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This is going to be an interesting pick up for Bellville, the defence should be quite interesting depending on who ends up there next yr. The left side looks really strong but does Ottawa have any right shot defensive prospects other than Jaros?

Harpur plays RD does he not?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Last edited:

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
I was so bullish on this guy becoming a stalwart, 2 years ago I would have been excited about this, but at this point can hopefully help in Bingo.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Didn't realize he was still an RFA, I thought this was just a warm body for Bingo for a month. So in theory he could be in Belleville if we qualify him, interesting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Didn't realize he was still an RFA, I thought this was just a warm body for Bingo for a month. So in theory he could be in Belleville if we qualify him, interesting.

Now do you prefer Jerry or George?

Yes and hence where the past regards come in

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00