Confirmed with Link: Brandon Gormley to OTT for future considerations

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Sens Acquire Gormley

Little bit of post-deadline action ;)

@Senators 1m1 minute ago
Trade: The #Sens have acquired defenceman Brandon Gormley from the New Jersey Devils for future considerations.

I, for one, am pissed that Dorion gave up on future considerations so quickly!

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
He can play in Ottawa this year, just not in the playoffs. But this is pure Bingo depth, losing Kostka hurt their defense, and with Jokipakka likely staying in Ottawa, Bingo needed someone to help them.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He can play in Ottawa this year, just not in the playoffs. But this is pure Bingo depth, losing Kostka hurt their defense, and with Jokipakka likely staying in Ottawa, Bingo needed someone to help them.

That's what I thought too. Just going off this tweet from the Sens comms department:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I remember when I would have given up a 1st for this dude. Yeesh. How the mighty have fallen.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I remember when I would have given up a 1st for this dude. Yeesh. How the mighty have fallen.

Geez ... you guys are so damn fast, I was just coming to say something similar. I remember when this guy was drafted in the 1st rd & how many wanted him. What happened to him?

He's another left shot & Ottawa has a lot of those, maybe they can deal two lefties for a righty soon. :laugh:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Pictured him as an all-around pre-injury Cowen type of guy. Looks like he may be more similar to Cowen than I thought though :sarcasm:

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
So what exactly are the rules for post-deadline trades?

This one caught me off-guard because I didn't realize that you can still trade players after the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad