Who would you take on your team?

• Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 341 45.0%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 55.0%

• Total voters

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You guys are as hung up celebrating your semi finals loss as Leaf fans of two different age brackets are about the early 90s and late 90s/early 00's Leafs lol. I don't even argue the Leafs aren't pathetic! I'm simply saying the team you are a fan of and it's fans aren't exactly better in most regards, just fewer of you.
Chill, I was just correcting the false things you said.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Said this before playoffs and I’ll say it again. I’ll take the guy who isn’t waiting for his balls to drop yet.

• Haha
Reactions: HabzSauce

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
I just find it hilarious how leafs fans are all proclaiming golden boy Marner as the best thing since sliced bread ITT and arrogantly suggesting there is no valid debate and that no one would pick Brady over Marner for their team, he's on another level, AINEC and all that BS, and yet Marner just keeps folding like a lawn chair when it matters in the playoffs.

3 pts, -2 in 5 GP in the 2nd round. Goose egg last night in an elimination game at home. Gets bitch slapped by Matthew.

A lot of GMs would pick Brady over Marner to lead their team.
I don’t get the huge knock on Marner…I do t think he’s the best thing since sliced bread, but what makes B. Tkachuk better? Marner has had good stats in the playoffs, team at least won a series this time….but he gets dragged for not being able to get it done in the playoffs….B Tkachuk hasn’t even been able to get his team in the playoffs…so I don’t get the huge draw to him over Marner. M Tkachuk hasn’t been a huge force so far in the playoffs either….perhaps I r he first round, but didn’t see much of those games…I saw all of his games in the 2nd round though and I don’t remember much about his shifts…he had 2 assists the entire series.

For clarity…I’m it Leaf fan, but because I live in the area, I’ve defaulted to watching a lot of them these playoffs

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
I don’t get the huge knock on Marner…I do t think he’s the best thing since sliced bread, but what makes B. Tkachuk better? Marner has had good stats in the playoffs, team at least won a series this time….but he gets dragged for not being able to get it done in the playoffs….B Tkachuk hasn’t even been able to get his team in the playoffs…so I don’t get the huge draw to him over Marner. M Tkachuk hasn’t been a huge force so far in the playoffs either….perhaps I r he first round, but didn’t see much of those games…I saw all of his games in the 2nd round though and I don’t remember much about his shifts…he had 2 assists the entire series.

For clarity…I’m it Leaf fan, but because I live in the area, I’ve defaulted to watching a lot of them these playoffs

Intangibles. Supposedly Tkachuk has them in spades. According to most, Marner does nothing in the playoffs.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Intangibles. Supposedly Tkachuk has them in spades. According to most, Marner does nothing in the playoffs.
When comparing Tkachuk and Marner you should not e allowed to talk about playoffs…but I guess if you do…Marner has been so much better in the playoffs than Tkachuk :DD

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

There is nothing intangible about the way Brady Tkachuk plays hockey.

Meanwhile, take it from this guy:

MCR74 said:
Watching Marner coast in important games got old a while ago.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol 33 pages...once again all Sens fans had to look forward too this year is the Leafs losing in the playoffs. Congrats boys.

Sorry to disappoint but I live in Montreal and let me tell that Sens fans is a very microscopic portion of the hockey fans looking forward for the Leafs elimination day.

Depending on how much Ottawa adds, I would take Brady.

Check out the contracts... Ottawa is not the team adding.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry to disappoint but I live in Montreal and let me tell that Sens fans is a very microscopic portion of the hockey fans looking forward for the Leafs elimination day.

Check out the contracts... Ottawa is not the team adding.
Yes, they are.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Which NHL GM would rather have the 26 y/o 1.2 PPG playmaker with 2 years left at $10,903,000 vs the 23 y/o PPG power forward at $8,205,714 with 5 years left?
IMG_4924.jpeg

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Marner is clearly better than Tkachuk and this is coming from someone who has been quite critical of Marner.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Teams will use a little more cap to get a better player.

Sometimes things are bit more complex than simplistic. You have to dig deeper

Marner is a good 2-way winger and one of the best playmakers out there but Brady is younger, cheaper and an unicorn powerforward. Plus he's the team captain and a lot revolves around him

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Sometimes things are bit more complex than simplistic. You have to dig deeper

Marner is a good 2-way winger and one of the best playmakers out there but Brady is younger, cheaper and an unicorn powerforward. Plus he's the team captain and a lot revolves around him
Of course, they are. That is why I do.
Brady is an excellent player. Marner is just better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00