Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So The Stone wedding is over … a few more days in Vegas ? I wonder when Brady will make his way to Ottawa and we can announce this thing ?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If any team offersheets brady under max compensation and the sens don't match it, no one should be supporting this team.

Uhhh isn't that 4 1st round picks?

You could basically put together a package including some of those 1sts and get a better, cheaper player. Maybe a couple of them.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, yo Tkachuk has filled OUT, sign this guy longterm lmfao, we ain't gonna do well with 2-3 year deal. My guy can breakout next year.

Also, I don't see Colin White in this groom pics, looks like my guy is outta here lool

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

You could basically put together a package including some of those 1sts and get a better, cheaper player. Maybe a couple of them.

Max compensation, no one is giving 20% of 81.5 million, so over 16 million. Poster said under max, so could be any number.
To get 4 firsts, offer needs to be greater than 10.277 million.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

max compensation is 4 1st round picks I said if anyone offers him anything under that

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Lol, yo Tkachuk has filled OUT, sign this guy longterm lmfao, we ain't gonna do well with 2-3 year deal. My guy can breakout next year.

Also, I don't see Colin White in this groom pics, looks like my guy is outta here lool
Yeah he is looking big in that off ice training video. One thing that is wild is that when the vast majority of the league played against him last he was noticeably smaller. They will remember him as a tough kid who was really annoying to play against, now he will be physically imposing and much more intimidating. Some players and teams might not be prepared for that and be forced to go through an adjustment period in trying to match up against him.

Here is a clip of him off ice last offseason:

The majority of teams will remember him as smaller than that. Now compare that with this:

They will be in for a surprise when they play him next.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn and Yak

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
10 million contract is 2 firsts a second and a third.

Only if the contract is 5 years or shorter, otherwise it's four 1sts.

The only teams with the picks to do the 4 or 5 year term are Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina [drop them if they get KK], Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey and Seattle.

Some of those teams lack the cash, some lack the cap space, and others won't want to punt off a couple lottery picks.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
They're paid millions to play a game. I find it weird when a pro athlete isn't motivated.

Right. The effort and commitment to do it is incredible…and long before they make millions. most of them do it and make nothing and become nothing.

Reactions: OD99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah he is looking big in that off ice training video. One thing that is wild is that when the vast majority of the league played against him last he was noticeably smaller. They will remember him as a tough kid who was really annoying to play against, now he will be physically imposing and much more intimidating. Some players and teams might not be prepared for that and be forced to go through an adjustment period in trying to match up against him.

The majority of teams will remember him as smaller than that. Now compare that with this:

Methot confirming on Wally and Methot that he's really filled out after seeing him at Stone's wedding.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAFI BOMB

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Ya, i made that point about a week ago. Outside of Canadian teams the league hasn't seen Brady since March 2020 and i think there's a whole other level of hurt coming. He's going to be a dominating physical presence

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Ya, i made that point about a week ago. Outside of Canadian teams the league hasn't seen Brady since March 2020 and i think there's a whole other level of hurt coming. He's going to be a dominating physical presence
Yeah I remember someone else made that exact point on here but I couldn't remember who. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seeing the clip of his off ice training he looks a lot bigger than he was last offseason and maybe even noticeably bigger then he was at the start of this offseason. He could be quite physically imposing this season.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tkachuk is a freaking beast, it is going to suçk major suckage for opposing players this season.

He is going to be a wrecking ball.
Tkachuk vs the league:
japanese-gameshows-are-punishing

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah I remember someone else made that exact point on here but I couldn't remember who. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seeing the clip of his off ice training he looks a lot bigger than he was last offseason and maybe even noticeably bigger then he was at the start of this offseason. He could be quite physically imposing this season.

What's going to be interesting is whether Norris and Batherson progress points wise or have more of a sideways type year. Sideways is certainly possible because it happens a lot with young guys still on a development curve but both are a bit older and both physically ready so taking a big step forward is equally if not more likely. I think Brady is quite ready for the big step forward but he needs two linemates to step forward with him. I could easily see that line all racking up 60+ points a piece with 80+ goals between them

Reactions: RAFI BOMB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad