Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Will edit this post once Brady signs sometime within the next 2 weeks. Simpson is a POS, literally gets rock hard off attention

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Rangers better be in on this
Can’t wait to roll out the greatest wing depth in history with Lafreniere, Panarin, Tkachuk, Kreider, and Blais all on LW while we also have Kakko, Kravtsov, Gauthier, Goodrow, and Reaves on our RW. Who needs centers?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
People will assume this is because the Sens are penny pinching, but it's far more likely it's about term.

Been rumored they only want to sign Brady long-term, while he wants a bridge deal like his brother.

Upon the completion of a 3YR bridge deal Brady could then go to arbitration and attain UFA status at age 25. Could jump ship to whatever team he wants in his mid-20s and demand UFA money.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
People will assume this is because the Sens are penny pinching, but it's far more likely it's about term.

Been rumored they only want to sign Brady long-term, while he wants a bridge deal like his brother.

Upon the completion of a 3YR bridge deal Brady could then go to arbitration and attain UFA status at age 25. Could jump ship to whatever team he wants in his mid-20s and demand UFA money.

that's why bridge are always 2 years or less

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Where did you get that from the tweet in the OP? If true, the fact that Brady is frustrated that it's taking so long would indicate he does want to stay in Ottawa.

Not to worry, look at Marner he didn’t sign until game 1 of the season, missed all training camp. I’m sure you didn’t think Marner wanted out then.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Not to worry, look at Marner he didn’t sign until game 1 of the season, missed all training camp. I’m sure you didn’t think Marner wanted out then.

Marner has a front office that’s shown they are committed to winning. Brady doesn’t have that, not to mention Toronto is a much better city than Ottawa.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

That's a pretty good plan.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I don't really understand your point, but either way, Marner signed on Sept 13, 2019, not game 1 of the season.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
that's why bridge are always 2 years or less

They should be, but that's not always the case.

Stone got a 3YR bridge from Ottawa and then signed a 1 year deal before going to arbitration, which ended up resulting in him being traded the following deadline, since the alternative was him walking as a UFA. Hopefully the Sens learned their lesson from that debacle.

CGY has to be feeling a little silly signing Matthew to a 3YR bridge with a 9M qualifying offer. If he goes to arbitration next off-season he could walk as a UFA at 25, or more likely they'll be forced to trade him for less than he's worth.

Brady probably wants that same kind of deal. Hard to blame him but it's not one the Sens have to give him.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Is anyone really surprised? They are American players whose dad has a legacy in STL. They both probably grew up with dreams of playing together for their dads club. Which is completely OK in my books. All the smoke we've been seeing is just the wheels being put into motion for that to all happen. No chance either of the Tkachuk boys sign long term deals with their respective clubs. If those teams were smart they would start exploring trades now while the players values are high.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't really understand your point, but either way, Marner signed on Sept 13, 2019, not game 1 of the season.

Your right, first day of camp, not season.
Point was, you said Brady doesn’t want to play in Ottawa because he hasn’t signed yet, whereas Marner didn’t sign until camp opened, same logic.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Your right, first day of camp, not season.
Point was, you said Brady doesn’t want to play in Ottawa because he hasn’t signed yet, whereas Marner didn’t sign until camp opened, same logic.
I actually didn't say that at all. I said the fact that he's frustrated that it is taking so long indicates that he does want to stay in Ottawa.

"Where did you get that from the tweet in the OP? If true, the fact that Brady is frustrated that it's taking so long would indicate he does want to stay in Ottawa."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad