Rumor: Brady Tkachuk frustrated with the Ottawa Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Karlsson to TB, Eichel going under the knife, Askarov will be our pick at #5, Boucher signing with the 67... I find Simmer funny, but he is not a reliable source at all

Basically this. Simmer has like a 1 in 10 probability of calling something. This could be the 1 that he gets right it just seems unlikely even with ottawas reputation for being cheap.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Melnyk going to cheap out and lose one of his most important pieces
I think this is correct about 99% of the time, this might be one of those situations where it isnt. I have heard they offered him more than Svechnikov for the same term but Brady only wants a shorter deal. The reasoning from Bradys camp is that he wants to see Melnyk commit to winning. Which I don't think anyone can blame him. Ottawa made their bed, he was here for the fire sale and all the cheapness. At the same time I believe he is being a little disingenuous and he probably wants to go somewhere with his brother and get paid his max at a young UFA age.

Well if he is looking at Chabot's deal and thinks he is as valuable to the team as him I can see why there would be some frustration.
I think the same deal is on the table.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I think this is correct about 99% of the time, this might be one of those situations where it isnt. I have heard they offered him more than Svechnikov for the same term but Brady only wants a shorter deal. The reasoning from Bradys camp is that he wants to see Melnyk commit to winning. Which I don't think anyone can blame him. Ottawa made their bed, he was here for the fire sale and all the cheapness. At the same time I believe he is being a little disingenuous and he probably wants to go somewhere with his brother and get paid his max at a young UFA age.

If that's the case, I don't see how Brady's camp could claim a legitimate offer has not been made with a straight face. That would make my expectations for an agreement very low.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

If so then the tweet is a complete fake. Either that or Brady is completely out to lunch

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
If that's the case, I don't see how Brady's camp could claim a legitimate offer has not been made with a straight face. That would make my expectations for an agreement very low.

Sounds like he has been pretty up front with what he’s looking for, and so I’d say it’s not his fault if he is asking for a 2 year deal offer and getting 5+ year term offers.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Sounds like he has been pretty up front with what he’s looking for, and so I’d say it’s not his fault if he is asking for a 2 year deal offer and getting 5+ year term offers.

There's what you want and a "legitimate offer". 8x8 or the Svechnikov contract is legitimate. Case closed.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean it really depends on what the camp deems 'legitimate'. If they told the sens they wont sign anything longer than a 4 year deal from their perspective its not legitimate.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Based on how his brother's negotiation went, and based on the interview with the Spittin Chicklets guys along with the dad and bother, we always knew they were going to drive a hard bargain. I'm not surprised at all this is taking a while. I'm not worried at all at this point. It's all posturing.

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
There's what you want and a "legitimate offer". 8x8 or the Svechnikov contract is legitimate. Case closed.

8 year offers when you were clear about not wanting a long term deal is not a legitimate offer. A legitimate offer would be hearing that Brady wants a 2 year deal and offering a 4 year deal. He might still say no, but at least it was a legitimate offer that Brady could consider being close to his term desires. 8 probably feels like a slap in the face as if Melnyk isn’t trying.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
That's just how negotiations are.

Just want him signed, don't care if it's seen as an overpayment. He is such a critical player for this team. Not because he's a good power forward, his real value is this aura he has that makes the guys around him also play like power forwards. Him just being on the squad probably squeezes an extra mil of value out of other players on the team.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Bad idea to sign Batherson long term off a small sample size while your main stud is waiting for a deal whos proven himself over multiple seasons

this will only raise his ask Id imagine

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Patience Brady, Eugene is still searching beneath his couch cushions for your salary.
Hey, sign me up for whatever life includes searching my couch cushions for millions!

id stick my hand in dogshit for a hundred, so lets not get into where id stick my hands for a few million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad