Prospect Info: Brad Lambert, 30th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Love the kid -- skill + brains + motor = high-end gamer for me. No way in hell is he the low-IQ pouter as presold by some national team fans.

Now I'm going to post pretty much this exact wording in the Chibby thread.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
For the next season or two, I agree Monahan is the better option, no argument there. And Jets are clearly in win-now mode. I expect them to try and keep Monahan, and they should - he has played very well for us, he’s a great fit, and we have a hole at 2C without him (I don’t expect us to make much of a run, if any, at keeping Toffoli due to cap-related issues and candidly I think Perfetti will be ready to go as a top-6 fwd next season consistently). My concern is Monahan wants 5y term, and that doesn’t really line up with Lambert’s likely trajectory… unless Lambert is cheap enough in years 3-to-5 of Monahan’s contract, in which case you have both… and you’re really rolling at that point with center depth.
Monahan is in his prime - in 2-3 years he could drop to third line C - we need him on our powerplay... lambert can wait or play 4th line C

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Was such a joy to watch last night in person. Such a smooth skater and he transports the puck up the ice so well.

Last time I saw him in person was with Seattle in the WHL. Haven't been to a Moose game this season, unfortunately. But his development has been just something else since that time.

I can't wait to see what he looks like with another off-season under his belt. He's going to be a real problem as he adds muscle and fills out.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Thank f*** we dont have to deal with the reality of MacKinnon, Lambert and Makar rushing up the ice at us for the next decade in the division. Completely and utterly terrifying to think about. He should have never fell that far to 30 and am stoked that we got him and how his development has turned out for us.

It’s an interesting tweet cause Avs didn’t have a first round pick that year. They could have had a deal with Tampa who selected after possibly in place the get a first rounder and were hoping to select him

Or, they just did not want a divisional rival to get this kid and this was their reaction 😆

That is stuff of nightmares though isn’t it haha

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Was such a joy to watch last night in person. Such a smooth skater and he transports the puck up the ice so well.

Last time I saw him in person was with Seattle in the WHL. Haven't been to a Moose game this season, unfortunately. But his development has been just something else since that time.

I can't wait to see what he looks like with another off-season under his belt. He's going to be a real problem as he adds muscle and fills out.

I like his trajectory. Draft year, didn't produce very well in Liiga for a few reasons. Not a very good WJC either. That's why he fell to 30th. D+1, he couldn't handle AHL. Just wasn't ready. Killed it in Dub. D+2, killed it in AHL. If he can continue his recent trajectory he might be ready to excel in the NHL next year.

He probably won't get the chance until there is an injury callup. But when that time comes I think he will be ready.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Thank f*** we dont have to deal with the reality of MacKinnon, Lambert and Makar rushing up the ice at us for the next decade in the division. Completely and utterly terrifying to think about. He should have never fell that far to 30 and am stoked that we got him and how his development has turned out for us.
The Avs had two picks at that draft.
193rd and 225th.

They weren't getting Lambert.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille