Tribute Bowen Byram Appreciation Thread

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I still think he's going to become really good...
I think he can, yeah...my concern for him would be that Buffalo is not a great situation. More D above him, just like here, and they are all lefties. And that organization is a mess.

Really hope it turns out, though. His performance in the cup run was outstanding. Great kid.

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think he can, yeah...my concern for him would be that Buffalo is not a great situation. More D above him, just like here, and they are all lefties. And that organization is a mess.

Really hope it turns out, though. His performance in the cup run was outstanding. Great kid.
I stand behind my theory that he saw the writing on the wall with the Toews contract and it affected his mind greatly. Now he's going somewhere with Power and Dahlin so he's still going to get stuck behind 2 guys though

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Thanks Bo and best of luck!

Hard to dislike somebody with that much swagger and confidence. He’s an alpha all the way.

From draft day to hoisting a Cup, you’ll forever be in Avs history.

IMG_3949.gif

IMG_0752.gif

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He was instrumental in winning the cup, so for that he should be remembered positively here.

His last two years have been a struggle and I don't think he was ever going to realize his upside behind Makar on the Avs. Not sure Buffalo is going to be a good place for him either but a fresh start might help.

It'll be interesting to see what he does now because obviously we had some wide range of opinions on his upside around here.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I wish Bo all the best, he has never been my favorite player or personality on the team. And I don't really know why. I have no reason for it, he's just not my type of player I guess. He has struggled of late, but I am glad he got a cup with us so early in his career.

Let's see if his advocates were right and that he was being held back here, with a bigger role in Buffalo.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Good luck Bo! Hopefully you can find success in Buffalo and have a healthy career from here on out.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The game we needed from him and the game he wanted to play were not aligned. Still think the comments Toews made earlier in the season were directed specifically at Byram. Wish him the best but I doubt he ends up more than a frustrating 2nd pair d man and below average PP QB.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I’ll never regret the pick because of the cup but ever since that Tampa series it’s been up and down. After the cup win I was completely sold on a future 1D but the past 2 seasons made it clear it wasn’t happening here. Smart to move him when he still has great value.

Hopefully he can flourish and reach his potential in Buffalo. Will be wild if his peak happened at 20. Shame all the development time lost due to injuries.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
All the best, Bo. No hard feelings, and I don't think the pick at 4 was wasted.

We needed him to be a Sanderson shutdown type, but he wanted to be Toews 2.0. I hope he does well in Buffalo

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think he's awesome. Just wish he had turned into an awesome player here as well. Perhaps a little PP time to get his swagger upp in Buffalo will do the trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad