Confirmed with Link: Bouchard re-signs 2yrs $3.9M per

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Out of town pundits seem to think Pederson will take the spot. I was asleep on this one for sure. Not sure what he is tbh.

Really I thought this was just a Bakersfield addition. Why would anybody think Pederson has an inside track? I can't recall seeing him play, and he's really not played many NHL games. Doesn't seem any shoe in to me.

I probably feel better about Sutter as well.

Its the right deal anyways due to our cap and compete window that we have as a known. Holland adopting the worry about the rest later which is the correct decision for where this club is at.

Regarding Pederson... I don't quite get this one either. It's not like his counting or fancy numbers jump out at ya (granted I was just looking at the basics at EV)

Seems to me like our depth is more like:
McD
Drai
Nuge
Hyman
Kane
Brown
Foegele
McLeod
Janmark
Ryan
Holloway
-----------ON THE TEAM CUTOFF--------
Lavoie
Gagner
Sutter
Caggiula
Berglund
Pederson

Seems like there is only room for 2 guys below the cutoff line to make the team as our 12th and 13th forwards respectively. Seems to me like Lavoie (potential) and Gagner (injury versatility) would have the inside track... then Sutter if he's healthy probably bumps Gags down a notch and Pederson is jockeying with Caggiula and the rest of the AHL roster for 1st call up rights.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Regarding Pederson... I don't quite get this one either. It's not like his counting or fancy numbers jump out at ya (granted I was just looking at the basics at EV)

McD
Drai
Nuge
Hyman
Kane
Brown
Foegele
McLeod
Janmark
Ryan
Holloway
Lavoie
Gagner
Sutter
Caggiula
Berglund
Pederson

Seems like there is only room for 2 guys below the cutoff line to make the team as our 12th and 13th forwards respectively. Seems to me like Lavoie (potential) and Gagner (injury versatility) would have the inside track... then Sutter if he's healthy probably bumps Gags down a notch and Pederson is jockeying with Caggiula and the rest of the AHL roster for 1st call up rights.

Agree with most of your assessment.

I think Pederson is too low though. Hes a RC and hes played 71 NHL games. I think hes probably the #1C in Bakersfield so I definitely think hes on the cutoff. I think hes somewhere betwen Lavoie and Cagguila. I think hes higher than Caguilla based on postion/need alone.

Sutter is a wildcard I think because we dont know where his heatlth is at. But I could see Holland/Woodcroft licking their chops if he looks like an NHL player still.

Lavoie is a wildcard too. I think they will give him every shot to have a spot but if he doesnt have a good training camp or Sutter hits it out of the park, hes probably getting waived. I really have no idea what to expect from Lavoie. The fact that he has size and requires waivers probably helps him though.

I guess one thing to note. Holloway is waiver exempt so that could hurt him if other guys look really good. I think he will be with the team though.

Last edited:
Reactions: bucks_oil

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

McD
Drai
Nuge
Hyman
Kane
Brown
Foegele
McLeod
Janmark
Ryan
Holloway
Lavoie
Gagner
Sutter
Caggiula
Berglund
Pederson

I think is only room for 1 guy though (unless there is an injury). Team is likely running 12F. 7D. Gagner/Sutter probably get signed if they out perform Lavoie though. (Unless Pederson is better than all).

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Agree with most of your assessment.

I think Pederson is too low though. Hes a RC and hes played 71 NHL games. I think hes probably the #1C in Bakersfield so I definitely think hes on the cutoff. I think hes somewhere betwen Lavoie and Cagguila. I think hes higher than Caguilla based on postion/need alone.

Sutter is a wildcard I think because we dont know where his heatlth is at. But I could see Holland/Woodcroft licking their chops if he looks like an NHL player still.

Lavoie is a wildcard too. I think they will give him every shot to have a spot but if he doesnt have a good training camp or Sutter hits it out of the park, hes probably getting waived. I really have no idea what to expect from Lavoie. The fact that he has size and requires waivers probably helps him though.

I guess one thing to note. Holloway is waiver exempt so that could hurt him if other guys look really good. I think he will be with the team though.
With Lavoie, because of the waiver thing I think he will have a spot on the team, for at least the first chunk of games.

If he bombs, then he likely wouldn't get claimed, even by Montreal.

However I really like his chances. Looking good is about more than how good the player is. It's also about how much the team needs the skillset. With Kostin out, Lavoie is the obvious replacement. He can also play center.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Stauffer always talks about the team wanting a right-handed center. That's probably where Pederson comes in. 57% on the dot with CBJ last year. Averaged 3 hits per game. Scored almost a goal-per-game in the AHL. Definitely some things to like.

I feel like he has the inside track. Someone likes him in management(gave him a one-way deal) and he's the only guy that can play center(I don't think Sutter is going to be able to play after so much time off).

I could see them waiving him to give Lavoie an audition though.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Stauffer always talks about the team wanting a right-handed center. That's probably where Pederson comes in. 57% on the dot with CBJ last year. Averaged 3 hits per game. Scored almost a goal-per-game in the AHL. Definitely some things to like.

I feel like he has the inside track. Someone likes him in management(gave him a one-way deal) and he's the only guy that can play center(I don't think Sutter is going to be able to play after so much time off).

I could see them waiving him to give Lavoie an audition though.

Thanks for the additional info... I was sleeping on his AHL stats last year, as I tend to use Hockey-Reference which doesn't group AHL stats in the same way as a hockeydb (or any old O-Pee-Chee hockey card) would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad