Confirmed with Link: Bouchard re-signs 2yrs $3.9M per

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That doesn't happen too often when a team is trying to contend. I suspect the more likely outcome two years from now if the powerplay stays dominant is that the Oilers will end up paying out 10 mill per year for him, resulting in 19 mill per year between Nurse/Bouchard.

With the cap starting to move again, I fully expect some short term inflationary effects as GMs go a bit crazy competing over players on the market again, bumping up what he'll be asking next contract in a similar way to how the Jones frenzy bumped up Nurse's.
He's not getting even remotely close to $10m/yr (even in inflated cap world) playing 20 minutes a night. Jones and Nurse had a pretty long history as #1's, Bouchard is and will likely continue to be the next 2 years a 2nd pairing Dman that scores lots of points, a good chunk on the PP.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I genuinely don't know how...is it with LTIR reserves once day 1 of the season comes?

We have the cap space for 21 players assuming we sign another at approx 1.1 M or less, Holloway is on the team, Lavoie is not and we have 7 D. This example assumes a C at 775 (Sutter, Pederson whomever)

IMG_9625.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think so, though the closer you get to September without him signed the more the concern grows imo.

The Oilers (and other teams) ar fortunate there's no room for any one this year so offersheets are just basically impossible
Honestly...I didnt see much cause for concern.
Now if the talks extended into September then I would I agree with you.

As for offersheets...they are so few and far between that they are rarely a factor.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
With the departure of Barrie, I expect a big jump in numbers (70+ points/season) in the next 2 seasons, barring injuries.

10+ millions per year incoming in his next deal, will be hard to keep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad