Pre-Game Talk: Botts Trade Deadline Prediction

What will Botts do in trades?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
How about a fancy poll to see what we think our glorious leader will do in the next 3 days?

I guess I have them rated from worst to best, so what do you see as our most likely outcome?

Ive got him at moving Vesey or Sheary for like a 2nd or a 3rd at the most.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
probably 2 trades tops...and it will be the 2 guys we actually want to keep to further incite our rage, Gus & Larry, nobody ends up wanting anybody else.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I don't see the option of "trades for a player to give the fans false hope that maybe, just maybe, he knows what he's doing, but in reality the player will turn into garbage" in the list so it's tough for me to choose one. So I will just say he will make a move.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's going to spin a UFA or two out and then use whatever he gets on someone else's trash immediately. I'm expecting undervalue on Larsson and then spinning that off for Chucky or some other foolishness rather than just a straight selloff of UFA's.

And I expect one token AHL level move. Watch it be for a defenseman.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The stench of desperation and immanent termination surrounds Botterill as he engages other GM’s. I’m not expecting any glorious outcomes come Monday.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Vesey is gone
Larsson is gone

We get some draft picks for them and Larsson nets us a AHL career guy to beef up Rochester.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
AHL trade and i suspect he'll pickup an NHL scrub to use up the last of our cap dollars.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Nothing other than sell off a few UFAs and that’s all I want. Let the Pegulas figure out what they want to do, and take the big splash trade to the draft. (Unless of course a hockey trade comes up that makes sense)

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I'm the one guy that voted he'll improve the team. I think we'll take on some salary for a year for a cost controlled young player, along with a dump. Also grab some picks for ufas.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I have a deep and dark hatred for Jason Botterrill. I truly despise him.

I find it upsetting how angry I am at him and this organization. Everyone saw all of this coming except the person paid to see things coming. Every complaint is the same from TWO YEARS AGO. It's unbelievable we are still here. No one else could have done it. No one else would be so stupid to bring back almost the entire team...and when he looks for credit in his post season presser about how many contracts the team is without now...I might finally lose it. Things that should have been handled literally YEARS ago...and he just waited. He has to be fired. Into the sun for all I care. You can't let a man this dumb in charge of rebuilding the team he spent 3 years failing to help. His forward acquisitions are a disaster because he can not evaluate players. Frolik, Vesey, Sheary, Johansson..."we expected more from them" NO ONE ELSE DID. YOU DON'T HAVE A 2C AND EVERYONE IS PLAYING ABOVE THEIR ABILITY AND OR WITHOUT COMPETANT LINEMATES.

You pay Skinner and stick him with no help. You haven't paid Reinhart and you can't get him away from one of the best players in the league for one goddamned shift. You need to pay Olofsson too...so HE ALSO PLAYS WITH HIM.

It's madness that a f***ing child could see is the wrong way to do everything.

Jesus Christ he needs to go. I can't take another day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad