To Buffalo - Jordan Caron, 4th round pick

Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Spooner/Soderberg-Kelly-Stewart/Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Hamilton-Seidenberg
Ference/Mcquaid-Leopold

I think these trades upgrade the Bruins offense and defence!!

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
I don't think we should be trading Peverley, he's versatile and fast

but would love to get Stewart somehow, I don't think St Louis would make that deal anyways

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Chris Stewart is having arguably his best year this year, and we are offering Peverley and a 2nd. Seems fair to me

If you're the Blues and you have a chance to give up a budding power forward for an older player with lower upside and a late 2nd round pick, you HAVE to do it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
any deal with St Louis should include Sobotka- no way they blow the lead with the European Tank patrolling the ice in the third

Sobotka has top 10 TPLH's in hockey this year and Boston probably is sitting at something like 24-1-1 with him based on a unique method of statistical analysis which I have divised

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
From a Bruin's perspective, I think it's a no-brainer. It allows you to add the front-line scoring and defensive depth that you need, and assuming Soderberg is on his way, you can more than afford to lose Caron in the Buffalo deal. I just don't see how this makes much sense from a St. Louis perspective. I would think they would need more coming the other way.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If you're the Blues and you have a chance to give up a budding power forward for an older player with lower upside and a late 2nd round pick, you HAVE to do it.

:laugh: No kidding.

Surprised at the amount of support that is getting. It's pretty absurd.

I actually don't think that the Leopold suggestion is too far off though.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To Boston: Chris Stewart (Rfa)

To St Louis: Rich Peverley, 2nd round pick

To Boston: Jordan Leopold (Ufa)

To Buffalo - Jordan Caron, 4th round pick

Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Spooner/Soderberg-Kelly-Stewart/Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
Hamilton-Seidenberg
Ference/Mcquaid-Leopold

I think these trades upgrade the Bruins offense and defence!!

STL hangs up. And you are right, this does upgrade the B's O. Show why is STL, a team going for a Cup, downgrading their O? What's in it for them?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
any deal with St Louis should include Sobotka- no way they blow the lead with the European Tank patrolling the ice in the third

Sobotka has top 10 TPLH's in hockey this year and Boston probably is sitting at something like 24-1-1 with him based on a unique method of statistical analysis which I have divised

Paille-Sobotka-Hendricks

The Ultimate 4th line :nod:

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
If Caron was such a valuable commodity we wouldnt be calling teams about upgrading our third line.

1st one is a joke, 2nd I would do, but STL isnt gonna downgrade for a late 2nd rounder.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
After we make this deal, I say we ask about Pietrangelo.

Well give them what, Mcquaid and a conditional third rounder?

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
datsyuk for campbell and a conditional second.

the conditions are: if ken holland gets out of his restraints before datsyuk's plane lands, it's a second rounder.

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
>>To Boston: Chris Stewart (Rfa)
To St Louis: Rich Peverley, 2nd round pick

I would love to have Chris Stewart but that's not close to what it would take to obtain him. While I suppose Boston could offer something St Louis could not turn down (and which fans here would dismiss out of hand), I don't see why they would be in any way motivated to deal him. And while this is arguably his best season (so far), he has turned in good goals/points in more than one other season - it's not like they should sell high, this isn't a fluke. He's good and is getting better. That's why they probably don't even consider trading him.

I like the thinking but it would probably be more productive to think about who is flying under the radar right now who might turn into the next Chris Stewart.

Kaoz*

The time to get these guys is when they are having a down year, not in their best year.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007
STL hangs up. And you are right, this does upgrade the B's O. Show why is STL, a team going for a Cup, downgrading their O? What's in it for them?

Ummm because they are getting a stanley cup winner who brings experience to there team. Who on the blues even won a cup? Also im pretty sure they were trying to trade stewart hard last year so i dont think its as unlikely as ppl think!! Yaya he got something like 14 goals this year but im pretty sure pevs has more points then him in each of the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe i could of offered peverley and a 1st but i dont think stewart is worth as much as some ppl think.

SlimBrady

Mar 1, 2007

Ummm because they are getting a stanley cup winner who brings experience to there team. Who on the blues even won a cup? Also im pretty sure they were trying to trade stewart hard last year so i dont think its as unlikely as ppl think!! Yaya he got something like 14 goals this year but im pretty sure pevs has more points then him in each of the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe i could of offered peverley and a 1st but i dont think stewart is worth as much as some ppl think.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida

jamie langenbrunner (twice) and andy mcdonald.

research. then rant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad