Proposal: Boston-Philly Marchand Proposal

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
For those who think its a wash. I would ask what has Wayne Simmonds done? He has one good season of 28 goals and the rest are all 14-15 goal seasons. Marchand scored 20 in his rookie year and nearly 30 in his second. Marchand is a far better player that is why I have Simmonds in a package with Couturier. I like Simmonds too but if people think he has been the equal of Marchand to this point they are not paying proper attention to facts. Playoff production is also very important, ask Nathan Horton about it, Simmonds has 12 points in 23 which isin't bad but its not mind blowing.
If the B's were to trade Marchand, our leading scorer this year, a player who has progressed every year he has been in the league and a big game performer with years of success ahead of him this is the type of package it would require. A 15 goal guy who to this point has been a glorified 3rd liner would not be the stopping point on this deal. Philly fans might laugh but they would be wrong.

Simmonds is Philadelphia's Marchand. He's pesky, hits and is a force around the net. He put up 28 goals last year and 15 in ~40 some games this year. If anything these two players have very similar value.

Couts for Bartkowski and Koko is where this deal falls flat. Bart isn't the type of defender they are looking at and while Koko is a real solid prospect he's years away from having any impact in the NHL.

If Peter calls with this my guess is Holmgren fired back with Marchand + Hamilton for Simmonds + Couts. Not saying I'd agree with it but Philly isn't gonna takes penny's on the dollar for Couts.

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
The boner for Couturier is overblown.

Marshy is a major part of this team. When he's not scoring, he's in their face. Rarely looks lazy. Plus he nose best.

I'm also intoxicated. Take this with 1 grain of NaCl.

member 96824

Philly hangs up, deletes Chia's number, and calls Verizon to change his own.

Although he is put on hold 15 minutes to do so

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don`t have issues trading within Conference like many however, I pick and choose wisely whom I move players to, and there are some teams that I wish nothing but the worst for and the Flyers are one of them. Any organization who has the denial in addressing what`s been their biggest issue since Hextall left deserves every bit of pain of continually coming up short.

I like Couturier but he was awful this year, I love Simmonds, the former, IMO, is in no way an upgrade to what this team has, and what could be coming up the prospect pipeline with Spoons and Simmonds??? The Flyers laugh at this deal as it`s composed in my opinion with all due respect even with SC having a poor year

If dealing within Conference, I deal with TBay/Carolina and/or Florida, other than that, I don`t make too many in Conference moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad