Proposal: Boston-Philly Marchand Proposal

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Let me be clear. I do not want to trade Marchand whatsoever. However, KPD was right about the Seguin rumours even though many of us thought it was impossible so if he says Marchand is being put up for grabs there is a good chance its true. If so this is the type of deal that makes sense to me. Again I don't want Marchand to be traded he is one of my favs but if we have no choice something like this would make it hurt less.

To Philly: Marchand, Bartkowski and Koklachev

To Boston: Coturier, Simmonds and a 3rd round pick.

With Seguin gone Couturier would give us a solid "franchise" type center for the future who would also be a good understudy to Bergy since Couturier is a very good defensive player already. If Bergy was to get hurt Couturier could slide up one roster spot and we would still be able to compete.

In order to take on Marchand the Flyers would have to give up some contract and Simmonds would make the most sense there. He would also give us a servicable replacement for Marshy.

Philly is weak on defense at the moment and they are supposed to be looking at offloading Coburn and or Mezaros. Bartkowski is alot more valuable then people think because of his cheap contract and relative upside.

Koko is needed in the deal to offset the upside lost by the Flyers in trading a younger player like Couturier.

This would be our lineup:

Lucic Krejci Iginla
Simmonds Bergeron Eriksson
Soderberg Couturier Kelly
Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Hamilton
Seidenberg Boychuk
Krug McQuaid

Rask
Johnson

Again really don't want to tarde Marsh but if we had to this would be what it would take to prevent me from throwing up and crying at the same time. Change is good but we are bordering on "too much change." Let me know what you think.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
No way in hell I'd send Marchand to Philly and have to face him several times a season ...

Any talk of trading him starts and stops in the Western Conference.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah I'd do that.

Though I think Couturier is made a bit redundant by Bergeron. I'd hate to see Marchand on the Flyers, but this trade makes Boston better immediately.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Should this go into the KPD thread, he said it with no source or nothing and it is really pissing me off that people are still talking about it, give it a rest CJ CHIA and Neely said they were standing pat, KPD came out and said it was just him thinking out loud jesus people give it a rest!:rant:

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Ummmm, why take salary back when he's only being moved to get cap compliant????

If they move him I don't think it would have to do with the cap... We are good with the cap right now. Its also supposed to go up next season. I think KPD was alluding to them questioning his play in relation to his contract and possible off ice stuff. Again don't shoot the messenger I love Marshy and don't want to see him traded.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Should this go into the KPD thread, he said it with no source or nothing and it is really pissing me off that people are still talking about it, give it a rest CJ CHIA and Neely said they were standing pat, KPD came out and said it was just him thinking out loud jesus people give it a rest!:rant:

Wow its not like I said anything prejudice or racsist here. The point of these boards is to talk Bruins afterall. Again don't want him traded but if there is any chance we would need something like this to do it or make it somewhat worthwhile.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Wow its not like I said anything prejudice or racsist here. The point of these boards is to talk Bruins afterall. Again don't want him traded but if there is any chance we would need something like this to do it or make it somewhat worthwhile.

KPD said it was just him thinking why bother even having him as a source.

Second of all Kelly is out of town on the drop of a dime if it is him or Marchand

Third we are under the cap

If you do not want to trade him why make this?

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
KPD said it was just him thinking why bother even having him as a source.

Second of all Kelly is out of town on the drop of a dime if it is him or Marchand

Third we are under the cap

If you do not want to trade him why make this?

To say that if he was traded this is the type of trade that would work. Kelly has a no movement clause.

Anyway your missing the point of the thread which was not to debate if Marchand should be traded but if he was how is this for a return?

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
No way in hell I'd send Marchand to Philly and have to face him several times a season ...

Any talk of trading him starts and stops in the Western Conference.

BTW, there is almost no difference between trading him to Philly or Western conference team, play each of them only twice a year with new realignment

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I knew it was going to be Simmonds before opening the thread. Philly wouldn't do this.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Ya Philly definitely says no to this deal, they're giving up more value. That said, I don't love Couturier and, while I love Simmonds, I don't see the need to give up Marchand.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Chia is done with big moves for a while. Marshy is going nowhere.

Grumpy Grizz

Feb 27, 2002
Comox, Vancouver Island.
I don't mind Couturier at all but I still don't see what the big deal is about Simmonds. I see people rave about him all the time, yet when I watch him I don't see it. Even at the WC I didn't see anything special about him. He's a 3rd liner here, gosh I would probably take Wheeler over him. Just my .02

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
PC called out Seguin after the playoffs and then shipped him out. My honest opinion...any backlash on Marchand may have been orchestrated by the likes of PC in hopes that he re-establishes his focus and regains form...out of fear of being traded no less.

Whatever works, but I don't believe for a second PC and Neely want to part with a guy who is a spark plug for the rest of the team.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
If we were going to trade him, I do that trade easily.

Philly laughs.

For those who think its a wash. I would ask what has Wayne Simmonds done? He has one good season of 28 goals and the rest are all 14-15 goal seasons. Marchand scored 20 in his rookie year and nearly 30 in his second. Marchand is a far better player that is why I have Simmonds in a package with Couturier. I like Simmonds too but if people think he has been the equal of Marchand to this point they are not paying proper attention to facts. Playoff production is also very important, ask Nathan Horton about it, Simmonds has 12 points in 23 which isin't bad but its not mind blowing.
If the B's were to trade Marchand, our leading scorer this year, a player who has progressed every year he has been in the league and a big game performer with years of success ahead of him this is the type of package it would require. A 15 goal guy who to this point has been a glorified 3rd liner would not be the stopping point on this deal. Philly fans might laugh but they would be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad