Proposal: Boston - New York, Boston - Anaheim

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
not interested in Rick Nash at all. If you want rid of Hayes then just buy him out next summer for peanuts. I think you could easily trade him at the deadline for a pick.

We just got away from buyouts and salary retention and then added Seidenberg's. Moving Hayes to the Rangers and getting a salary retained Nash is a minimal risk given the amount of the two contracts.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
A big " No" for Nash.

Fowler is a possible target but for something less than stated. Spooner is too much to give up. He is a talent that will get much better in time. McQuaid and a top prospect might work.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A big " No" for Nash.

Fowler is a possible target but for something less than stated. Spooner is too much to give up. He is a talent that will get much better in time. McQuaid and a top prospect might work.
I agree with your stance on Nash. McQuaid and a top prospect I don't think returns Fowler. I do agree with you about Spooner, but the Bruins need to give something of value to get a top 4 defenseman. Spooner is also the most expendable given the Bruins depth at C. No doubt the Bruins will miss what he brings, but the Bruins need defense more. With that said, I think Spooner + Senyshyn is way too much for someone like Fowler. If something like Spooner + Bjork/Gabrielle + pick works for Anaheim I'd be more comfortable doing that sort of deal.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Id do both trades and im fairly high on Senyshyn, like spooner, and want to see how Colin will turn out

But unless im totally behind, fowler is a very very good player that would instantly upgrade our defense.

We upgrade our offense with the addition of Nash, and get rid of a a guy that's likely going to be a JAG the rest of his contract here. Edmonton pick is free money in my eyes useful for a trade like this.

Don't see New York doing that though.

Do the ducks do the fowler deal? That does seem like a win win trade

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Id do both trades and im fairly high on Senyshyn, like spooner, and want to see how Colin will turn out

But unless im totally behind, fowler is a very very good player that would instantly upgrade our defense.

We upgrade our offense with the addition of Nash, and get rid of a a guy that's likely going to be a JAG the rest of his contract here. Edmonton pick is free money in my eyes useful for a trade like this.

Don't see New York doing that though.

Do the ducks do the fowler deal? That does seem like a win win trade

Ducks fans like Spooner and the prospect but it was which prospect that made the conversation come here for your insight.

New York fans were on board with that one as well after the Oiler pick was added in. They weren't too keen on Hayes (some of them) but when you point out the Nash contract its a pretty even trade off.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Ducks fan here, would say yes to Spooner + Senyshyn for Fowler given our current situation, though anything less would be a pass - I just don't think Spooner and a lesser prospect would cut it. I may not represent the consensus among Ducks fans however, I happen to be a big Senyshyn fan going back to early in his draft season.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ducks fan here, would say yes to Spooner + Senyshyn for Fowler given our current situation, though anything less would be a pass - I just don't think Spooner and a lesser prospect would cut it. I may not represent the consensus among Ducks fans however, I happen to be a big Senyshyn fan going back to early in his draft season.

Thanks Heusy for coming and answering that for me. Originally we all thought Vatanen would be the target before the signing and once again it was Spooner the price tag +. As soon as Backes was signed it seemed like a logical conclusion.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I figured some would be on board for one and not the other and Fowler is the best option outside of what it would cost for Shattenkirk. Then again, what is Shattenkirk wanting to sign for and does it look better than a $4,000,000 Fowler?

But you only get Fowler for 2 years at 4 million, and you have NO ability to negotiate an extension when making a deal. While I am not a Shattenkirk guy, he is in the extension window, and a team that acquires him could sign him as part of the deal. That can not happen with Fowler

In terms of the Nash deal, I just don't get it? It's a pure cap dump from NYR so why are we giving Miller and a 2nd? Maybe I give one of them, but not both. The good news is it removes the stench of Hayes

Fowler, that is a lot to pay for 2 years of a player, and one who I am not convinced is a foundational player. Spooner +, maybe, but I can't move Senyshyn in that deal. Boston is painfully thin at RW present and future, so trading a pure RW is just not something I am willing to do

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks!

I agree about Pastrnak but that is a problem I'm sure they'd love to have. I also see Nash walking UFA and one of the many LW prospects being ready to replace him. That is also the year that Chara comes off the books and retires.

I suppose you could also just try to force a 1-year bridge on Pastrnak and show him the money the year after once Chara and Nash would be off the books entirely.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Over/Under 12 on the amount of off-seasons or trade deadlines we talk about acquiring Nash?

At least the front office was listening, they just signed the wrong one.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think I would do the Nash deal if they retain $2M.

No way I deal Senyshen right now, I would do something like Spooner + one of Donato/Bjork/Fitzgerald/Frederic or maybe Debrusk.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
We just got away from buyouts and salary retention and then added Seidenberg's. Moving Hayes to the Rangers and getting a salary retained Nash is a minimal risk given the amount of the two contracts.

816K is the buyout number. How is Nash at 6M minimal risk, when you need to sign Marchand still?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We give up way too much in both.

I don't think Fowler is that good. Spooner and a pick is the most I'd give for him and Im not sure hes the right guy to go after.

Rangers would be the ones adding the Hayes for Nash deal. Or eating more cap.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
816K is the buyout number. How is Nash at 6M minimal risk, when you need to sign Marchand still?

I'd guess it would be how much you assume Marchand is getting as a raise. I assume that 3.0 million more will be needed to retain him. For me, that is exactly the decrease in Chara's cap hit.

I've always assumed Chara's money becomes Marchand's this coming summer. $2,916,667 to be exact. Leaves you room to sign him up to 7,416,667 / year if you need to go that high.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I don't know, Riley only had 14 less points thank Rick last year and he costs 6.9M less.:laugh:

:laugh:

As much as I think our Nash will be less than great, I'd rather have him than overpay for another forward while not taking care of the defense.

In other words: Sweeney isn't making any trades for a top 6 offenseman

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
This place has been pretty grim lately and downtrodden fans make for sad talk. Let's speculate and have some thoughts on two trade proposals that have been met with positive responses from the other teams' fanbases:

To Boston:

LW Rick Nash (1.8 Million Retained)

To New York:

RW Jimmy Hayes
RHD Colin Miller
2017 2nd Round Pick (Edmonton's)

CAP IMPLICATIONS: 6.0 Million in, 3.3 Million out = 2.7 Million added

Now, let's fix that defense a little:

To Boston:

LHD Cam Fowler

To Anaheim:

C/W Ryan Spooner
RW Zach Senyshyn

CAP IMPLICATIONS: 4.0 Million in, .95 Million out = 3.05 Million added

The Bruins take from the cupboard and add on forward and defense. Overall, they add 5.75 million to the cap hit.

Do you like either trade? Do you like both? Care to explain why?

Happy thoughts and conversations during the dog days of summer...

Or do you think its time the Boston Bruins offer-sheet (given the depth in the prospect pool) Trouba or Lindholm?

i wonder if nash is worth more than that? he does have 57 goals in his last 2 seasons and is signed only this year and next. if ny goes for the deal im ok with it

spooner feels like a first round pick to me. im not prepared to deal 2 first rounders for fowler. if we are giving up both spooner and shyshyn id rather go after the right hand shot dman we need in trouba or shattenkirk or even ceci now that hes signed.

fowler feels alot like jay bouwmeister light... good skater who doesnt produce offense and isnt physical. people have been disappointed in bouwmeister his whole career because he never gives you what you hope for

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
on second thought our cap next year is too scary... i cant get behind bringing in nash at 6 mill when he really isnt needed

im very ok with marchand, belesky on lw and i feel vatrano deserves a chance. even if vatrano fails we have other guys in the mix

rw is a bit weaker with only pastrnak guaranteed one of the top 3 spots... but one of backes or spooner will figure in somewhere...

to me this makes nash an unnecessary upgrade. if he was on a one year deal than yeah, i like him... but that extra year could kill us.

maybe go after inglina instead. he should cost us less in trade value and hes only 1 year. nash is the better player, but iginla will be the better fit

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think we have to set our sights much, much lower (than Cam Fowler).

Let's start with, who is the worst defenseman that could actually help?

if im certain colin miller can play, i stay status quo... but if im not sure then i want a rhs for the pp. dennis widemans name has bounced around before.

i dont like the idea of BOTH mcquaid and k miller making too much money to play 3rd pair...

could macquaid straight up for wideman help us this season and then free needed caproom next season?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
if im certain colin miller can play, i stay status quo... but if im not sure then i want a rhs for the pp. dennis widemans name has bounced around before.

i dont like the idea of BOTH mcquaid and k miller making too much money to play 3rd pair...

could macquaid straight up for wideman help us this season and then free needed caproom next season?

Not a fan of Wideman (mentioned why in your thread) but I think that's the caliber of player we're talking about.

The tough part is, how do you get certain about Colin Miller? IMO, the only way is to start the season with the status quo and see. If he's not ready or only halfway there, then try to deal in-season.

OT: I also wouldn't be averse to adding someone to play with Krug and making that the first pair.

Krug - Good D
Chara - C.Miller
Liles - K.Miller

McQuaid traded.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
not interested in Rick Nash at all. If you want rid of Hayes then just buy him out next summer for peanuts. I think you could easily trade him at the deadline for a pick.

No on Rick Nash and especially no for Chiller. I feel like Colin is about to break out (if Claude gives him steady time). Plus I just don't feel as though we NEED another forward and if I were to trade Jimbo Hayes it'd be to a team in Mongolia!:laugh:

Ducks fans like Spooner and the prospect but it was which prospect that made the conversation come here for your insight.

New York fans were on board with that one as well after the Oiler pick was added in. They weren't too keen on Hayes (some of them) but when you point out the Nash contract its a pretty even trade off.

What "Oiler pick" the one that the B's are to get for Chiarelli? IIRC that pick is non-negotiable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00