Proposal: Boston - New York, Boston - Anaheim

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
My main problem with Fowler is the quality of his defensive play. I like him and would do the deal but I do have that reservation. I still prefer Lindholm or Theodore. The Ducks need LW help as bad as we need D help so I don't understand their reluctance to trade either guy, especially with their prospect pool of defensive players. Prospects do you no good playing in the AHL.

I'll explain those two and what you'll hear from Ducks fans and what you would hear from Bruins fans if we were ever in this situation:

1. Sure, you'd prefer one of those two but so would they and every single team in the NHL.
2. They consider (with good reason) Lindholm their future and current #1 defenseman. He is already their most valuable player and the cost would be to offer-sheet the four 1sts or give up Pastrnak, Marchand, McAvoy, + and they still wouldn't move him.
3. They are an internal cap team that has a set budget. They want to replace Fowler, Despres or Vatanen (not likely now) with Theadore as he would be cheap, ELC and looks already ready to be a top four.

In short, if you were serious about trading for Theadore now, you'd probably be parting with Pastrnak once again.

I am with you on wanting Lindholm and would even do the offer-sheet to get him (the four 1sts as the prospect pool is deep enough to survive the loss and Boston seems to do better with 2nd round picks anyways!)

Fowler is a #2 in the NHL already and is only 24. He is the most available (outside of Shattenkirk) player that meets our needs unless something arises from Minnesota in the next couple weeks.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
100% behind you on this one..I've always been a Cam fan and I think he would make an immediate impact on the Bruins defensive corpe..Unlike out west, in Boston he would be the #1 guy I presume and Him and Krug would make a great PP pair..Fowler has a lot of years left in the nhl and as our friend said, you gotta give to get..

I do not think Ana would take Quaiders contract but we do have the goods.

How bout: Fowler to Boston

Ryan Spooner, Jimmy Hayes and a 2017 2nd rounder to Ducks..

I really don't know if that's a fair deal or not but at least Sweeney should have a chat with Ducks and see what they want back. I personally don't think my deal is enough on 2nd thought and does CF have a NTC?? Interesting thread folks!!

Thanks! The problem with your Anaheim counter is that they are moving Fowler because of cap issues and Spooner and Hayes just bring the cap right back up. They understandably want a cheap solid top six and a prospect as it frees up the Lindholm money.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
My prediction: everyone says it's awful and no thanks and it's the worst thing they've ever heard.

I like your trade offer, but that seems to be the reaction to every proposal on that board.

It's going over pretty well. The Ducks fans responding are actually being civil and agreeing it's a good proposal.

I only hesitate with this deal due to the lack of any thing in the organization for right handed shots. Outside of Pastrnak and Senyshyn there's pretty much nothing, at least in the sense of Right Wings.

If you could, and I'm sure it would drop the likely hood of the trade because Anaheim needs RW's too, change Senyshyn to DeBrusk. I'd be all in on that and I really like DeBrusk. There's just way more LH depth for the prospect pool, as many before me have probably stated.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's going over pretty well. The Ducks fans responding are actually being civil and agreeing it's a good proposal.

I only hesitate with this deal due to the lack of any thing in the organization for right handed shots. Outside of Pastrnak and Senyshyn there's pretty much nothing, at least in the sense of Right Wings.

If you could, and I'm sure it would drop the likely hood of the trade because Anaheim needs RW's too, change Senyshyn to DeBrusk. I'd be all in on that and I really like DeBrusk. There's just way more LH depth for the prospect pool, as many before me have probably stated.

Our top forward prospects are all left handed as well - Ritchie, Jones, Steel, Nattinen, Kerdiles and Kossila.

We're in a bit of a weird situation where all of our current best forwards are right handed (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Silfverberg) but we have a prospect pool full of lefties. So Spooner + Senyshyn is ideal in that regard as it helps in both areas.

Trumping any of that is the fact that I see Senyshyn as being in a slightly higher tier as a prospect and don't nearly like the deal as much without him. Nothing against DeBrusk, he's a good prospect for sure, but I like Senyshyn that much more, again that's just me though.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Our top forward prospects are all left handed as well - Ritchie, Jones, Steel, Nattinen, Kerdiles and Kossila.

We're in a bit of a weird situation where all of our current best forwards are right handed (Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler, Rakell, Silfverberg) but we have a prospect pool full of lefties. So Spooner + Senyshyn is ideal in that regard as it helps in both areas.

Trumping any of that is the fact that I see Senyshyn as being in a slightly higher tier as a prospect and don't nearly like the deal as much without him. Nothing against DeBrusk, he's a good prospect for sure, but I like Senyshyn that much more, again that's just me though.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Boston and Anaheim could make good trade partners but it could also back fire on both sides.

I'm pretty high on both Senyshyn and DeBrusk so giving up either hurts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad