Boston Globe: Jacobs guardedly optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
thinkwild said:
Players offered a 24% rollback, control over every trigger point of salary escalation, and finally a cap. Guardedly optimistic? No kiddin Sherlock. What, Jacobs means is he wont nickel them and dime them into another year off after all that because he wants to watch the vote by the feet first? Hey, I'm guardedly optimistic.

Well said. I think a "bit of reality" is entering the scenario for the owners, too.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
You know what's more telling than anything about the genuine (if guarded) optomism behind these comments?

Jacobs hasn't come out today and said his words were taken out of context.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Kritter471 said:
You know what's more telling than anything about the genuine (if guarded) optomism behind these comments?

Thats because he's not a member of the NHLPA.

jaws

Mar 12, 2005
Stittsvegas
Kritter471 said:

Ohh yeah, that's real genuine, eh? Too bad he had to wait until that million dollar gag order was up before he said anything. And he's freakin Jerry Jacobs for cryin out loud?!?! To be genuine is to be, "free from hypocrisy or dishonesty; sincere." I hardly think that Jerry Jacobs fits that description. Let's see what Bruins fans think of Jerry "genuine" Jacobs shall we...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/2001/0710/1224543.html

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
*laughs* Dude, jaws, it was half-sarcastic. I know Jacobs is not the favorite person in Beantown even in the best of times. I only lived there for four years. :sarcasm:

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
mr gib said:
" - I won't even watch the NHL if they go through with these net ideas...what a joke. - "

there has been chatter that this is a ploy to snap the goalies into shape concerning pad size and playing the puck

Predict a huge deficit, come in with a small one. Oh well, i can live with x, but at least they didnt change the size of the nets. Just that its being discussed, will make other changes easier to accept. Or change at all. Would as many fans have accepted a shootout 2 years ago? At least they didnt change the size of the nets.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Kritter471 said:

Burke expects him to be fined from the league. Don't know whats worse from either side: taking back what you said or being fined for commenting.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
thinkwild said:
Predict a huge deficit, come in with a small one. Oh well, i can live with x, but at least they didnt change the size of the nets. Just that its being discussed, will make other changes easier to accept. Or change at all. Would as many fans have accepted a shootout 2 years ago? At least they didnt change the size of the nets.
there so clever those nhl guys

jaws

Mar 12, 2005
Stittsvegas
Kritter471 said:
*laughs* Dude, jaws, it was half-sarcastic. I know Jacobs is not the favorite person in Beantown even in the best of times. I only lived there for four years. :sarcasm:

Haha, alright man, just checkin'. Its hard to read sarcasm on the screen, eh....

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
there has been chatter that this is a ploy to snap the goalies into shape concerning pad size and playing the puck

i've got no problem with regulating the goalie equipment better...most of it is oversized and it's well known goalies do everything they can to take advantage of this.

and i still think the shootout sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad