Proposal: Boston-Edmonton

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins young wingers like Heinen, DeBrusk, and Bjork for three are drastically reducing Frank Vatrano time.

Vatrano needs a chance and is being wasted away in Boston. He's quick and has a great release and with a center and ice time could be a good scorer in a top 9.

Another winger who I like even more who could be included is Peter Cehlarik. He's a big power forward with slick hands and very good in the heavy traffic areas.

I'd like to bring Lucic back where he started. His contract will still have 5/$30 after this year which may be a year or two longer then I want especially with four more other top winger prospects coming in soon.

To Edmonton- Cehlarik, Vatrano, and Beleskey

To Boston- Lucic & a second rounder

This was presented on our board by a poster and curious what the general hockey population thinks

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't want Lucic.
Don't see why EDM would want Beleskey or Vatrano or give up a 2nd round pick.

A deal that doesn't really make sense for either team.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
So the Oilers give up the best player in the deal and they ADD a 2nd?

Laughably bad trade proposal.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Lmao Belesky? Mr 8 points last year and Mr ZERO points this year. They want a 2nd rounder too? jesus.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Why are people still framing this narrative that we'd have to pay to get rid of Lucic when:

1. He's playing quite well right now.
2. We don't want to move him.
3. There's no evidence he will ever have the drastic decline most suggest (take a look at Iggy and Doan in their early-mid 30's)

His foot speed/first step is sub par, he turns pucks over when he handles it too much, and occasionally takes an undisciplined penalty. Those are the only negatives to his game. If you can live with that you get one of the strongest/meanest power forwards in the game with excellent leadership who should put up 50+ points every year, making market value (considering he was a UFA). Why would a team want to get rid of that?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Oilers have a young winger problem, too.

Lucic down to Beleskey costs us a 2nd? Yes I saw Cehlarik.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Curious what Oiler fans think are their teams "needs" currently

1) Not Beleskey.

It's honestly hard to say right now. The biggest and clearest needs are wing upgrades, but guys like Vatrano and Cehlarik aren't guaranteed to be that.

Honestly I'm not sure I'd give up a 2nd for Vatrano and Cehlarik if I had to take back Beleskey too, never mind adding Lucic - should be noted he's having a pretty good season .

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
for this year alone this is a laughably bad deal, maybe in 3 years the oilers may regret signing lucic thats fair but this trade makes them regret doing this deal now

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No . Fans of other team need to stop worrying about the Oilers needing to dump Lucic . He is earning his pay and Oiler fans are happy with him . He could be made available for the right deal . This isn't it

Reactions: McNuge

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think the Bruins would trade for Lucic. My reasoning is that they foresaw Lucic getting the deal he got and wanted no part of it. I think this proposal is based on the fact that of course it would be better to have Lucic than Belesky. Nobody foresaw Belesky getting injured and it resulting in his decline. He was never supposed to be as good as Lucic, I think he was supposed to help fill the physical void left by Lucic and to be able to play in the top 9. I don't think the Bruins want to pay that much for 5 years after this year of a declining Lucic.

The Bruins have even more young forwards coming so I can see why they would and probably will move a couple of them but I have no idea if it is possible to move Belesky in a deal where the Bruins get a good player. Vatrano and Cehlarik are unproven fpr the most part and they have been passed by Debrusk, Heinen, and Bjork with guys like Senyshyn, Gabrielle, Studnicka, Forsbacka-Karlsson, and Fitzgerald are on the way just off the top of my head so they are expendable. I am not sure that this deal is good enough unless the Oilers were looking to dump Lucic' contract. We have heard that they might need to do just that so maybe. I just think in addition to the Bruins not wanting the Lucic contract for 6 seasons, Belesky ruins the deal even though it is a must for the bruins to move him if they are to take on a contract like Lucic.

People say that the Lucic contract is bad but it isn't as bad as Belesky's contract because since Belesky was injured he is not an NHL player.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
No . Fans of other team need to stop worrying about the Oilers needing to dump Lucic . He is earning his pay and Oiler fans are happy with him . He could be made available for the right deal . This isn't it
Then maybe Edmonton fans should not have threads started where they want the guy traded.....

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Then maybe Edmonton fans should not have threads started where they want the guy traded.....
We aren't a hive mind - just because a few dummies want him traded doesn't mean that most of us do. And Chiarelli loves Lucic so we know he isn't moving.

I'd give a 3rd and a useless minor league contract for Vatrano though if you have no room for him.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
So the Oilers give up the best player in the deal and they ADD a 2nd?

Laughably bad trade proposal.
there is no best player in this deal haha it's all a bunch of nothing.

Actually I take that back whoever that 2nd rounder is is the best player. Lucic is a healthy David Clarkson at this point who gets beaten up by everyones favorite 7th D Dalton prout once a year. Lucic did come close 1 year when he grabbed him and fought him without squaring up or giving a choice but at that point it was still close though I guess I'll give him an edge in a jumping. So he has That!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad