Proposal: Boston-Edmonton

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
there is no best player in this deal haha it's all a bunch of nothing.

Actually I take that back whoever that 2nd rounder is is the best player. Lucic is a healthy David Clarkson at this point who gets beaten up by everyones favorite 7th D Dalton prout once a year. Lucic did come close 1 year when he grabbed him and fought him without squaring up or giving a choice but at that point it was still close though I guess I'll give him an edge in a jumping. So he has That!!!

Lucic is on 58 point pace and contributing away from the puck. He is a good precense in the locker room. Even in his good year, Clarkson didn't hold a candle to Lucic.

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017

Actually I take that back whoever that 2nd rounder is is the best player. Lucic is a healthy David Clarkson at this point who gets beaten up by everyones favorite 7th D Dalton prout once a year. Lucic did come close 1 year when he grabbed him and fought him without squaring up or giving a choice but at that point it was still close though I guess I'll give him an edge in a jumping. So he has That!!!

You think? They have fought a few times and every fight is close. I suggest LUCIC actually had a slight edge in the latest bout.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You think? They have fought a few times and every fight is close. I suggest LUCIC actually had a slight edge in the latest bout.
I considered that 1 his best of the 5 and if anyone was considered a win for him win they squared up it would be that one. I had prout landing 1 more but Lucic landing the 2 hardest. In the fights with the same landed and both guys still standing but tired non worse for the ware draws. I know I had the 1st 2 for prout. The 3rd they never squared up and it was pretty much Lucic jumping him yet it was still close for how it started and prout starting late. This one of I HAD to say winner it's Lucic because he landed the hardest shot but that was a draw. They have all been very close except the KO though. A lot of people have the 1st as a draw too but its been a while since I've watched.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

A 7 d-man fighting a first line winger.

I see that the Devils will always be pathetic punks.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The guy wasn't an Edmonton fan.

He isn't talking about this thread but the threads from previous weeks.

DKH is one of the more active members on the Bruins board, and, well, while he might have taken this proposal seriously, he is also one that could have seen putting this up here as a funny joke at the expense of posters on the Bruins board that post one-sided deals inside the Bruins (or any teams) board.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I considered that 1 his best of the 5 and if anyone was considered a win for him win they squared up it would be that one. I had prout landing 1 more but Lucic landing the 2 hardest. In the fights with the same landed and both guys still standing but tired non worse for the ware draws. I know I had the 1st 2 for prout. The 3rd they never squared up and it was pretty much Lucic jumping him yet it was still close for how it started and prout starting late. This one of I HAD to say winner it's Lucic because he landed the hardest shot but that was a draw. They have all been very close except the KO though. A lot of people have the 1st as a draw too but its been a while since I've watched.

What the hell does Lucic value has to do with 1 guy you clearly picked that can hold his own against Lucic ? McDavid can't fight does that me he has no value ? No of course not and this is the same with Lucic he does other things and at almost 60 points pace he is earning his pay

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

If you don't watch Lucic play then don't bother commenting. Such a useless post.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If you don't watch Lucic play then don't bother commenting. Such a useless post.
I've seen the guy play his entire career, have hung out with his little brother, Andre him after he had surgery and was in Burnaby for his brothers graduation... just because you don't agree doesn' mean I don't know how far he has fallen. He has negative value right now whether you believe it or not. Go ahead and make a poll asking if they would trade to get Lucic on their teams or if he's negative value and non EDM fans will tell you that's the case... I'm sorry you are a Lucic fan... I'm sure there were more of you 7 years ago!!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What the hell does Lucic value has to do with 1 guy you clearly picked that can hold his own against Lucic ? McDavid can't fight does that me he has no value ? No of course not and this is the same with Lucic he does other things and at almost 60 points pace he is earning his pay
It was just part of an anicdote about how far his value has fallen over the years saying he went from Looch a guy who although never found that good loved and wanted on their team and thought he was one of the toughest guys in the league to a cap dump who's most notable fights recently were to a 7th D who not only KOd him but beat him or had a draw in all fights. It' nothing personal against you and it's not saying your team is bad... It's just stating a fact that Lucic is in fact a dump and a modern day Clarkson at that. Those points aren' because his skill it's because his centers.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've seen the guy play his entire career, have hung out with his little brother, Andre him after he had surgery and was in Burnaby for his brothers graduation... just because you don't agree doesn' mean I don't know how far he has fallen. He has negative value right now whether you believe it or not. Go ahead and make a poll asking if they would trade to get Lucic on their teams or if he's negative value and non EDM fans will tell you that's the case... I'm sorry you are a Lucic fan... I'm sure there were more of you 7 years ago!!

The contract is bad because of the term, the player is still good. Great that you know him personally, it still doesn't qualify you to know more than Edmonton fans who have seen every game of him this season. He's still a good player and a big part of the team. You saying that he's another Clarkson automatically discredits your opinion.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Every team has a bad contract or two. Ir's the teams that have too many and salary retention or buyout contracts that really hurts their cap. Lucic was given as an example, yea maybe a million or two overpaid but not that bad really. Either way in pro hockey you need a tough guy Lucic or your team (and he's one of the best at it) and he still is a mid level producer.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

I'm just curious what makes you believe he's fallen off a cliff?

His absolute best seasons he was putting up low 60's high 50's. His last two seasons he's put up 55 and 50 and is on pace for 58 this year. He still plays with an edge, he does a good enough job in his own zone and if anything his skating surprisingly has looked better this year then it did last year.

I have no doubt that in two or three years he will slow down but it hasn't really happened yet. The last year of his deal is 2022-23 and the CBA expires sep 2022, so there is virtually no doubt that there will be a work stoppage and the way the cap has risen and the inflating contracts that have been handed out I'd say there is no doubt that teams will again receive 1-2 compliance buyouts to clean up their messes. At that point though if Lucic's play has already fallen off a cliff I'd expect him to be LTIR'd. Lucic has a documented diagnosis of Scheuermann's disease and back problems tend to be the undoing of lots of players.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Polls don't mean anything around here, and Lucic is the perfect example as to why. Signs a contract with a fair cap hit for today but is too long and the next thing you know everyone is screaming that he has fallen off a cliff despite still playing a top six role, getting roughly the same number of points, still being a phyisical and intimidating player to play against, and still being great in our locker room. There has been very little decline in his play, if any, from his years in Boston. He is still that guy. Non-Edmonton fans tell us that every player we have either sucks, is overpaid, or both, so forgive me if I don't take the polls on HF too seriously. They are ripe with voters who are misinformed, troll, and/or don't have a clue of what they are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->