Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
well relevant enough that you are still talking about us.

rent free.

"Rent free?" Really? Remember son, it was your fanbase who posted this as your gameday thread for game 1 of the playoffs:

I couldn't pick the Leafs play-by-play guy out of a line-up. You put the Bruins play-by-play guy in the title of your thread to start the playoffs. That right there is rent frigging free!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
"Rent free?" Really? Remember son, it was your fanbase who posted this as your gameday thread for game 1 of the playoffs:

I couldn't pick the Leafs play-by-play guy out of a line-up. You put the Bruins play-by-play guy in the title of your thread to start the playoffs. That right there is rent frigging free!
Since you brought it up...(note YOU brought it up) The difference here is we've stopped talking about dear ole Jack Edwards. Series is over. Jack is over. What's left to talk about? Hence "rent free" doesn't really apply here.

I happy to report that as he detailed in one of his last interviews, He's happy, he's healthy...he just can't talk much anymore. So it appears to be the case that the good Lord had also had enough of his ridiculous commentary and had finally stepped in and dealt with it. So take any grievances regarding his early retirement up with him. LOL.

Now please...feel free to go back to dancing around your Leaf bonfire! I'm enjoying this thread's persistence!

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Is Boston still bitching about Toronto? Guys, congrats! You won a playoff round against us in 2024.

But your team franchise sucks ass.

Again. You have 100+ history in the NHL, same as Toronto. You were in the league when it was only 6 teams...same as Toronto.

You could only win the thing 3 times in the first 60 years of your shit franchise's existence when it was only 6 teams.

Same as Tor...oh wait.

Now granted you've managed to win 3 more since then...so? Your average throughout your entire history is 6 cups in 100+ years. (see I don't have to cherry pick my history in only existing from 1968 and beyond like you sorry chaps...lol) I measure the success of your club throughout its ENTIRE history, and it's pretty clear. Yall are an original 6 team with only 6 wins in 100+ years. Y'all suck. Especially your first 60 years.

Now this is where it gets painful for you. Even if the Leafs stopped playing and just went on a skid for the next 100 years not winning anything...and we gave Boston another 100+ years to double up their cup wins...they STILL wouldn't have as many cups as the Leafs.

That's just history. ALL of history. As you should reference when you are comparing two original 6 franchises.

And yes I am well aware who owns this league, and it isn't Toronto and it certainly isn't Boston.

Anyways enjoy the rest of your playoffs, I'm certain you are gonna win it all...lol. But even though we are the center of the hockey verse...you should probably stop talking about us.

Hey maybe Toronto can petition the league to get them into another division so their fans don’t have to watch them get sodomized by a big burly hairy bear every April .

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
The last time Toronto beat Boston in the playoffs was 1959.

Cassette tapes were invented AFTER, that's how long ago that is. ZIP codes were invented after. Birth control pills were invented AFTER the last time the Leafs beat Boston in the playoffs.

At this point, it's historic generational abuse. The level of rent free Boston lives in Toronto's head is like eternal mental subsidized housing. My Leaf fan friends are like trauma victims when it comes to this matchup now. And with the playoff format we just get to keep doing it to them.

Somewhere someone's grandma in Toronto remembers the last time the Leafs beat Boston in a playoff series. For all the rest of us, there's nothing but glorious outcomes year after year. And it feels good, even days later. No question.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
The only prestige the Leaf’s have is holding the record for both longest Cup drought in NHL history and longest finals drought in NHL history.

A truly unbreakable record continues to grow!
And that is actually the really crazy one, they haven't even made it to the Finals in 57 years.....that is a level of futility that I don't think will ever be matched.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Is Boston still bitching about Toronto? Guys, congrats! You won a playoff round against us in 2024.

Again. You have 100+ history in the NHL, same as Toronto. You were in the league when it was only 6 teams...same as Toronto.

You could only win the thing 3 times in the first 60 years of your shit franchise's existence when it was only 6 teams.

Same as Tor...oh wait.

Now granted you've managed to win 3 more since then...so? Your average throughout your entire history is 6 cups in 100+ years. (see I don't have to cherry pick my history in only existing from 1968 and beyond like you sorry chaps...lol) I measure the success of your club throughout its ENTIRE history, and it's pretty clear. Yall are an original 6 team with only 6 wins in 100+ years. Y'all suck. Especially your first 60 years.

Now this is where it gets painful for you. Even if the Leafs stopped playing and just went on a skid for the next 100 years not winning anything...and we gave Boston another 100+ years to double up their cup wins...they STILL wouldn't have as many cups as the Leafs.

That's just history. ALL of history. As you should reference when you are comparing two original 6 franchises.

And yes I am well aware who owns this league, and it isn't Toronto and it certainly isn't Boston.

Anyways enjoy the rest of your playoffs, I'm certain you are gonna win it all...lol. But even though we are the center of the hockey verse...you should probably stop talking about us.

*backs away slowly*

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Maybe I'm just getting old and losing "The Passion", but I am honestly feeling pretty whatever about losing this series.

It was a defensive clinic of a series down the stretch and was basically a coin flip. Credit to the Bruins, this is probably their most likeable team as well. Outside of Marchand, I have a lot of respect for them. Swayman is unreal and can alone extend their window a la Carey Price with Montreal.

Leafs kinda got jobbed with the Nylander/Matthews situation. Not an excuse, but it's hard not to imagine the series going differently if they are 100%.

Samsonov is definitely not to blame 100% for losing those series, but that soft goal a minute after the Leafs went up was such a back breaker. I think I speak for all of Leaf's Nation when I say I knew the series was done right then and there.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
Predicted this on Thursday.

Matthews is a natural born loser. Gifted goal scorer but that's it. Doesn't elevate his teammates like the true greats do. Leafs played a lot better without him in the lineup. He's the one that should be traded.
Lol this series is done in 6 if he doesn't single handedly win them game 2

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
With what he is being paid, he should single handedly help his team win more often than just once every few playoffs. He should have helped his team win more than just one playoff round in 8 years.

A loser until he actually does something when it matters.
Lol alright man. Always funny when guys who probably can't run a kilometre call athletes losers on internet forums.

Dude looked like death the whole series and still won them a game and set up the only goal they managed in game 7.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

Same as Tor...oh wait.

i'm actually looking forward to going home tonight after work, have a beer or three, and re-reading this..... god is this classic!
1715186025029.png

I think someone needs to d a wellness check on this dude?

1715185942468.png

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Lol alright man. Always funny when guys who probably can't run a kilometre call athletes losers on internet forums.

Dude looked like death the whole series and still won them a game and set up the only goal they managed in game 7.
First of all, you clearly have no idea who I am, and we'll keep it that way. :laugh:

So Matthews looked like death these playoffs? What's his excuse for the 7 other playoffs? The sample size is large enough to know he just doesn't bring it in the playoffs. Big deal he helped them win one game. He's paid to win them a lot more.

But keep defending your "Arizonan God". It's quite amusing. :D

Reactions: stampedingviking

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
First of all, you clearly have no idea who I am, and we'll keep it that way. :laugh:

So Matthews looked like death these playoffs? What's his excuse for the 7 other playoffs? The sample size is large enough to know he just doesn't bring it in the playoffs. Big deal he helped them win one game. He's paid to win them a lot more.

But keep defending your "Arizonan God". It's quite amusing. :D
I don't disagree he can be better in the playoffs, but in this series, I don't see how much more he could have done in this series.

And it certainly doesn't make him a "natural born loser". What an absurd statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad