Brock Boeser out indefinitely with blood-clotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Hey Hockey Gods. I know it's only been 54 years so I hate to pester you again, but could you please not knock out our top playoff goalscorer in advance of a crucial game? That would be great.

Oh wait, what?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've been perfectly happy to stay irrationally righteously annoyed with him all this time for hat-tricking my Preds into OT oblivion and then going and pulling a similar stunt to the next team, and then something like this has to go and happen. :shakehead

Hope everything works out for him in the end and he gets well soon.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sucks for Brock, hope he gets better soon. But it’s good to hear he should be completely fine and it’s one of those issues sports science has a pretty good grasp of in handling. Nucks fans should not fear, he will be fine and that’s all that matters, his health.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Why is there so much blood clotting all of a sudden

I think players these days are just (rightfully) more careful with their health, I wouldn't be surprised if players were just expected to "play through" this kind of thing more often in the past.

Kind of like how it was virtually unheard of for players to take time off to get help with substance abuse or mental health issues until recently. Players in general have been taking their health and life after hockey more seriously, and that's a great thing. At the end of the day it's just a game, it's not worth risking your life over.

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
I think players these days are just (rightfully) more careful with their health, I wouldn't be surprised if players were just expected to "play through" this kind of thing more often in the past.

Kind of like how it was virtually unheard of for players to take time off to get help with substance abuse or mental health issues until recently. Players in general have been taking their health and life after hockey more seriously, and that's a great thing. At the end of the day it's just a game, it's not worth risking your life over.
That's an answer to a question I didn't ask

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
That's an answer to a question I didn't ask

You asked why we were hearing about blood clots more often now (presumably in the context of the NHL), I think my post addresses that question with a reasonable explanation.

If this happened to a player in the 80's, I bet we never hear about it and he plays despite the risk. Times have changed, and I think for the better in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad