News Article: Boston Bruins Best Jersey in Franchise History

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I wear an authentic Pooh bear jersey from time to time. Non-hockey fans give me a lot of compliments. Hockey fans usually laugh and make a joke. They know. It's a blank, so I still need to figure out which player name and number to put on it when I send it off for customization. 20 years should have been enough time to figure things out.

Not a fan of Pooh bear but it has reached the point that it's so bad that it's good territory with me.
Bingo.

Same with the Islanders Fisherman.
It’s so bad, it’s amazing.

Reactions: The Un4casted Storm

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I wear an authentic Pooh bear jersey from time to time. Non-hockey fans give me a lot of compliments. Hockey fans usually laugh and make a joke. They know. It's a blank, so I still need to figure out which player name and number to put on it when I send it off for customization. 20 years should have been enough time to figure things out.

Not a fan of Pooh bear but it has reached the point that it's so bad that it's good territory with me.
#11 in your program, #1 in your hearts.

Reactions: missingchicklet

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Ray Bourque; Jason Allison; Joe Thornton; Zdeno Chara; and Patrice Bergeron - the last FIVE Bruins captains - have all worn the Pooh Bear. Not to mention dozens of other players. Some forgettable, others regrettable, but definitely an ‘interesting’ look on all of them.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I like their uniforms from the early '70's with the yellow shoulder boards on both the home and away jerseys. Yellow socks for away games and white socks at home.
Lastly, bring back the classic B's logo that hasn't had any outlines added.

bruins logo.jpg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ray Bourque; Jason Allison; Joe Thornton; Zdeno Chara; and Patrice Bergeron - the last FIVE Bruins captains - have all worn the Pooh Bear. Not to mention dozens of other players. Some forgettable, others regrettable, but definitely an ‘interesting’ look on all of them.
I could swear that Chara came to Boston the year after Pooh Bears were retired. Maybe I'm wrong. Bourque is on my short list along with Samsonov, Axelsson, Guerin, Lapointe, and Carter. I already have various jerseys of the players you mention aside from Ray, so I want to go with someone I don't have. Hopefully I will decide before I'm gumming my food and playing shuffleboard.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I could swear that Chara came to Boston the year after Pooh Bears were retired. Maybe I'm wrong. Bourque is on my short list along with Samsonov, Axelsson, Guerin, Lapointe, and Carter. I already have various jerseys of the players you mention aside from Ray, so I want to go with someone I don't have. Hopefully I will decide before I'm gumming my food and playing shuffleboard.
Correct. Chara came in the season of the rebrand. Unfortunately so did Dave Lewis, so Pooh Bear was very much the Bruins identity that season regardless.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Correct. Chara came in the season of the rebrand. Unfortunately so did Dave Lewis, so Pooh Bear was very much the Bruins identity that season regardless.
Is there any way we can auto-censor the words "Dave Lewis" on this forum using **** *****? I swear I get slightly sick to my stomach and picture his face every time I see that name. It's quite discomforting.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Last year of Pooh was 05-06.

The year Chara and Lewis came on, they retired Pooh and wore the 70s throwbacks as their 3rds.

The next year, the entire league adopted the Reebok Edge templates and they completely rebranded, with the new spoked B with serifs.

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad