Boston aside, now that the 1st Round is over, which team do you think will win the Cup now?

Aside from Boston, who do you think has the best chance to win the Cup?

• Total voters

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
The CBJ will win it!
Hopefully against the Blues.

Besides the Leafs series I really like the outcome of the 1st round!

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Boston could barely get by Toronto. Why are you guys so confident? Especially given what happened in the 1st round to “favorites”.
“Given what happened in the first round” like you said explains it. I don’t see anybody for the most part being a huge favorite 2nd round; Boston is a good team that still has a core of their top guys though they go have done this before.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I gotta say I am loving how the first round turned out, 7 out of 8 teams I rooted for won. Columbus looked super convincing, I bet they will go far. CJB had a hot goaltender, but I think Islanders had it even more and they are bound to fall back to earth.

And why is it asides from Boston? They did not look that great to me. Toronto almost beat them.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hard to make a prediction after I went 1 for 8 in round 1, but what the hell? I’ll take Boston over St.Louis in six games in the finals.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I picked the Islanders. I don't know, but something about them beating the Penguins in a sweep just seemed even more phenomenal than the Jackets sweep over the Lightning. Of course, if the Bruins get passed the Jackets easily, then I do think that the Bs will be in the Final.

Sadly, this was not the same Pens team everyone is used to. Not trying to minimize what the Islanders did. They were clearly better.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
What are the odds a team who has never won the Cup before wins this year? Out of them which one has the best shot? Gotta be San Jose right?

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Gotta give it to Columbus.

All-around they have a very good team and like I said before, all their stars are playing for a contract.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I gotta say I am loving how the first round turned out, 7 out of 8 teams I rooted for won. Columbus looked super convincing, I bet they will go far. CJB had a hot goaltender, but I think Islanders had it even more and they are bound to fall back to earth.

And why is it asides from Boston? They did not look that great to me. Toronto almost beat them.

Every roadblock was cleared in the East, they won't see any skill close to TOR, the Bruins are by far and away the best team remaining.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Should really include an option “compete toss up” because that’s pretty much what this first round was. What a wild ride it’s been.

Here’s hoping Thornton lifts the cup before he decides to hang em up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why Boston “aside”? I don’t even think they will win the way the leafs out played them.

I like Avs and jackets. Jackets have depth and they have the best goalie in the playoffs.

Reactions: Bondurant

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Colorado even though I feel St Louis and San Jose can do it. Columbus out of the East. Colorado has the tools, speed, goalie, and just good synergy.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I think on paper, despite Martin Jones, the Sharks would be the next likely team to win the Stanley Cup. Not sure either the Sharks or the Bruins win though.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
You know, if you included Boston in the poll, you would still find out exactly what you want to know (who people think will win other than Boston), but you would also find out how many actually think it will be Boston.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
First round series often go back and forth - yet rarely end up being as surprising as we've seen.

After San Jose won game 6, I felt that they were destined to the Cup. They are not dominant, not pretty...not really all that special. However, they have a complete team (much like the Isles of the East) that showed the upmost composure to get the job done. If we want to try and compare teams left in the playoffs, I could very easily see San Jose v Boston or San Jose v NYI in the final with the edge to San Jose based on a combination of each end of the rink.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
No clue why Boston is being pushed as the clear favorite.

CBJ swept the best team in the NHL, has good forwards, good defense, and a good goalie. I wouldn’t even pick Boston to win their 2nd round series confidently, let alone be the clear cut front runner for the cup.

Anyways, I half homer, half not, picked the Sharks. If Karlsson gets healthier, and Jones keeps playing decent, I think they can go all the way. However these playoffs are clearly showing that anything can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad