Boston aside, now that the 1st Round is over, which team do you think will win the Cup now?

Aside from Boston, who do you think has the best chance to win the Cup?

• Total voters

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
The title says it all... Of course, the team that some of you predicted to win the Cup is still moving forward, but for sure that's not true for a lot of you. So, who do you think wins it now, if not Boston?

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Man WTF, jinx threads are for non-fans

I'm not predicting the Bruins to win, well at least not in this thread. I'm asking, aside from the Bruins, who many probably think are now the favorites, what team do people (who don't think it will be the Bruins) now think will win?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Gonna be the winner from the Boston/CBJ series to face the Sharks. My gut says Boston but CBJ is a really unknown factor at this point. They are clicking with chemistry and have the talent to roll over anybody. I think if Boston wins they'll take the sharks in 7 and if CBJ wins they'll lose to the Sharks in 6.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I had Blues in the finals against Washington. Blues will win it all and Winnington get his first Conn Smythe <3

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For the record, I opted to homer-vote (if Boston isn't included, then that would imply a world in which we beat them, and in that case I think we could go all the way), but I wouldn't be shocked at St. Louis or the Islanders either.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I picked the Islanders. I don't know, but something about them beating the Penguins in a sweep just seemed even more phenomenal than the Jackets sweep over the Lightning. Of course, if the Bruins get passed the Jackets easily, then I do think that the Bs will be in the Final.

Reactions: Master Scheif

983 others

Aug 26, 2009
CBJ.

Their destruction of the Lightning was no fluke, there's not a team in the league that can beat them right now.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I hope its one of the 3 teams thats never won

That would be cool, especially in consideration of those 3 franchises. But imagine it being the Blues, that would be long overdue. My first Stanley Cup was Boston beating the Blues. I hope it's not the opposite result this time around, but I couldn't begrudge the Blues.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Including Boston, I think it'll be the Islanders or CBJ winning the east and the Blues winning the west.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
If anyone wins aside from the Bruins it will be an end to a rather lengthy drought for any of the other teams.

The Bruins have the shortest drought with 8 years since a SC Final Win.
Next is the Carolina Hurricanes, 13 years
Followed by the Colorado Avalanche, 17 years
Then the Columbus Blue Jackets who have never won at 18 years since inception
5th is the Dallas Stars at 19 years
3rd longest drought is the San Jose Sharks, 27 years, they have also never won inception in 91-92
2nd longest is the New York Islanders, 35 years since their last win.
And finally, the oldest NHL Franchise without a Stanley Cup win, the St. Louis Blues, 51 years since inception

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
As a Stars fan if we can get past St. Louis 2nd round they’re my pick. I think winning a tough series against them will give us what we need.

However the Blues are really good and if they advance I see them winning in six over Boston for the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad