Confirmed Trade: [BOS/WSH/MIN] Dmitry Orlov (75% retained), Garnet Hathaway, Andrei Svetlakov to BOS; Craig Smith, 2023 1st, 2025 2nd, 2024 3rd to WSH; 2023 5th to MIN

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wasted? Two wins from a cup and acquired two of the teams top 7 forwards both of which will set career highs this year in goals and points.

I honestly think if Point wasn't skating on one leg they worst case force a G7 and
legit chance they win in 7. Point's injury impacted TB belief they could win w\o
prime PO point.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not sure how that is related to the discussion. My point is that these 2 players barely move the needle against what Boston already has against the leafs and it might in fact hurt them. They don't do well against a strong possession team.

When Brandon Carlo, Derek Forbort and Gryz are filling the net on your goalies in 2 important games I would be more concerned with your goalies than thinking your
exploiting Orlov and Hathaway buddy.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
People still underrating Lindholm? Smh.... Learn hockey more than ESPN highlights.
There was a popular post last year with people giving their top 10 defensemen in the league. Charlie McAvoy came in consistently around 8th. To me, Lindholm has outplayed McAvoy on the Bruins this year...

Reactions: bsu

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
I’ll be interested to see if Orlov and Hathaway can raise the B’s league leading penalty kill above the unprecedented figure of 90%. Tall order - I wouldn’t put it past them. That’s how you win cups.
Orlov will do nothing to improve the Boston PK. On the other hand, Hathaway is well-suited for the role.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
There was a popular post last year with people giving their top 10 defensemen in the league. Charlie McAvoy came in consistently around 8th. To me, Lindholm has outplayed McAvoy on the Bruins this year...

In defense of McAvoy he had basically no regular off season training and a limited camp due to recovery from shoulder surgery. My guess his physicality, willingness to deliver big hits and strength has been a bit diminished from it. However, I have no issues with your take.

Reactions: bsu and Bergie37

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Not sure how that is related to the discussion. My point is that these 2 players barely move the needle against what Boston already has against the leafs and it might in fact hurt them. They don't do well against a strong possession team.

What, who doesn't do well against a strong possession team?

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
People still underrating Lindholm? Smh.... Learn hockey more than ESPN highlights.
Hell, even just watching highlights you should be able to tell he's a quality player. He's had some highlight reel plays this year for sure.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
In defense of McAvoy he had basically no regular off season training and a limited camp due to recovery from shoulder surgery. My guess his physicality, willingness to deliver big hits and strength has been a bit diminished from it. However, I have no issues with your take.
It was less of a dig at Charlie and more to show that Hampus should be in the top 8 as well...

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Orlov nor Hathaway impressed at all tonight against Vancouver but I guess I’ll give them a few games to sort things out..

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Saw Orlov and Hathaway play against the leafs 3 times this year. Can't describe it as a good showing. Xg% was attrocious and they were more of a burden than others on the caps
If there's one thing I know, it's that three game sample sizes are the best way to judge a players skill. Not the hundreds and hundreds of other games.

That's why we all know Austin Watson is truly an all star similar to McDavid

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Pretty happy with Orlov so far, at the very least.
Caps fans love Orlov, he is a legit top pair defenseman. He played with Niskanen on our best D pair when we won the cup, and has always had more offense than the statistics showed, because Carlson takes up all the air in the room, offensively. He grew up playing rugby, so he embraces physical play, and is among the best open ice hitters in the league. Glad we traded him to a team with a great shot at the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad