Proposal: Bos-SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Vlasic was solid as a rock in the Olympics, on the biggest stage in the sport.
If you cared to watch the playoffs this year, Chara looked old, slow, and really lost his nastiness.
I love Big Z, he's been the cornerstone of our D for many years but face facts.

Here's a couple of facts: Chara and Thornton both have NMCs. Please explain to me why either one of them would waive those clauses.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Thornton can't be held responsible for the Sharks not winning year after year. Let's be real here. He's been the best player on that team in the playoffs, this year he had a quiet playoffs, but every year prior to this year he's been a beast. The Sharks problem has been Niemi, and everyone knows it. The guy had one good year in Chicago, won the cup, and has been a bum ever since. SJ with Rask this year, sweeps the Kings and handles Anh and Chicago.

For the posters saying it was "mutual" why he left, yeah, it was. But that was under the old Bruins.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Thornton can't be held responsible for the Sharks not winning year after year. Let's be real here. He's been the best player on that team in the playoffs, this year he had a quiet playoffs, but every year prior to this year he's been a beast. The Sharks problem has been Niemi, and everyone knows it. The guy had one good year in Chicago, won the cup, and has been a bum ever since. SJ with Rask this year, sweeps the Kings and handles Anh and Chicago.

For the posters saying it was "mutual" why he left, yeah, it was. But that was under the old Bruins.

From a guy that told me I didn't watch the playoffs.

Look at Joe's career points-per-game during the regular season compared to the post-season.

FACTS!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Yeah, because the Bruins goal isn't to win the Cup NEXT YEAR.

The addition of Vlasic would still give you high end cup equity, and maintain it for 6-7 years more. Like I said, no GM does Chara-Vlasic straight up. And after watching Z in these playoffs and last, it's starting to become evident why. He's starting to be at the end of his run. Vlasic has a big window for his prime now. Anyway the point is so moot, since the trade never happens.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

-14 in the playoffs since joining San Jose.

#BEASTMODE

Pavelski is miles away the better playoff performer on that team.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I don't remember proposing a trade for Chara for Vlasic straight up so not sure what the point of your response was? I know Thornton likely wouldn't want to come back here after what management did to him, and I wouldn't blame him a bit. To call him a loser is idiotic.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
The addition of Vlasic would still give you high end cup equity, and maintain it for 6-7 years more. Like I said, no GM does Chara-Vlasic straight up. And after watching Z in these playoffs and last, it's starting to become evident why. He's starting to be at the end of his run. Vlasic has a big window for his prime now. Anyway the point is so moot, since the trade never happens.

Zdeno Chara was a better player this year. He will be a better player next year, and the year after.

Maybe Vlasic will make his first All-Star team next year though.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Zdeno Chara was a better player this year. He will be a better player next year, and the year after.

Maybe Vlasic will make his first All-Star team next year though.

In this thread Mike uses all-star ballots by the fans to decide if a player is good or not. Seems like a good measure for sure.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Yeah, +/- is a great stat to argue his compete level on a team in the playoffs when the rest of the guys were dis-interested. I bet you stay up late and watch all those West games in the playoffs huh?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

but, but, but....so J.Jacobs,C. Jacobs, Neely & Sweeney dont know of or know anything about the Tin Man?

Well, I'll be damned.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Yeah, +/- is a great stat to argue his compete level on a team in the playoffs when the rest of the guys were dis-interested. I bet you stay up late and watch all those West games in the playoffs huh?

Yes, I do actually. I watch a ton of playoff games. I watched 6 of the 7 games in the Sharks/Kings series.

Oh, and RedEye, you realize only the starters are voted in, right? Like, you know that, right?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Not taking anything away from Vlasic, he's a good dman. But why are you allowed to use the argument "Olympic Gold Medal winning dman Vlasic"? To me that's irrelevant; look at previous players that won Gold with Canada...that doesn't mean squat when you translate it to the NHL.

You can sit here and argue that Chara is done and all I have to say is "Look at the Flyers and ask them how much they miss Pronger." Chara would have that big of an impact if he left this team.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Explain Pavelski's plus 3 then.

Speaking of watching the games, I want you to go find me someone, anyone in the hockey media world who was complimentary of Joe's performance in the playoffs this year.

Anyone.

Go for it.

Huh.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Weird the difference of Bruins fans in US than Canada.
My buddies and I can all sit around and chat about it without insulting with one another. I'll let you arm chair athletes propose the trades from now on and just enjoy reading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad