Proposal: Bos-SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I wrote this in a thread but lost track of where it was. What is everyone's thoughts on trading Big Z, Spooner, and Krejci for Joe Tho, Vlasic and Shephard? Huge shake up but let's face it, the Bruins are Bergy's team. Hamilton is ready to become a #1 guy and if not, we have an Olympic Gold Medal winning defence man in Vlasic. We lose Krejci, which will be unpopular but we get back Joe Tho, who's producing more than Krejci anyway and is desperate to win a cup. Also, we trade Spooner, which we're back logged at centre anyway for Shephard, a nice looking winger with speed.

Thoughts

Lucic-Thornton-Erikkson
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Shephard-Soderberg-Iginla
Paille-Campbell-Knight/UFA Fighter

Hamilton-Vlasic
Boychuck-Seidenberg
McQuaid-Krug

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I really don't get all these experts on here.
Vlasic is as valuable as Chara, maybe more at this point, skill wise
Thornton has out produced Krejci in every season he's been in the league
Shephard may not be as good as Spooner

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Thornton is a loser?
You're hilarious.
You're likely the guy who's praying every night that we get Kane from the Peg.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I wrote this in a thread but lost track of where it was. What is everyone's thoughts on trading Big Z, Spooner, and Krejci for Joe Tho, Vlasic and Shephard? Huge shake up but let's face it, the Bruins are Bergy's team. Hamilton is ready to become a #1 guy and if not, we have an Olympic Gold Medal winning defence man in Vlasic. We lose Krejci, which will be unpopular but we get back Joe Tho, who's producing more than Krejci anyway and is desperate to win a cup. Also, we trade Spooner, which we're back logged at centre anyway for Shephard, a nice looking winger with speed.

Thoughts

Lucic-Thornton-Erikkson
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Shephard-Soderberg-Iginla
Paille-Campbell-Knight/UFA Fighter

Hamilton-Vlasic
Boychuck-Seidenberg
McQuaid-Krug

Can you ship to me whatever it is you are smoking? Thanks

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Well I guess you're entitled to your own opinion.
I wouldn't call a future hall of famer a loser, but that's just me.
I'd hope you wouldn't call Iggy a loser, he hasn't won anything either.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
There are a lot of actually really valid trade combos with San Jose for a lot of reasons. But a C swap is not one of them. We could however do some interesting things swapping wingers and D's around at the draft.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Regardless of whether someone is or is not a loser, what makes you think that Joe Thornton would ever consider even coming back here after the way things ended last time? To me, it's a nonstarter because Thornton would not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Regardless of whether someone is or is not a loser, what makes you think that Joe Thornton would ever consider even coming back here after the way things ended last time? To me, it's a nonstarter because Thornton would not.

the 'feelings' were mutual.

No way, no how this could ever happen.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Vlasic was solid as a rock in the Olympics, on the biggest stage in the sport.
If you cared to watch the playoffs this year, Chara looked old, slow, and really lost his nastiness.
I love Big Z, he's been the cornerstone of our D for many years but face facts.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Stahp.

Are you not aware of San Jose's magnificent propensity to choke up when the games matter year after year after year after year after year after every god ****ing loving year?

Did you not see Joe's completely lackadaisical individual play in THIS VERY PLAYOFFS where his Sharks, blew yet another playoff lead in spectacular, craptastic fashion? You complain about Chara in the playoffs? What the ever loving **** was joe's excuse for looking like hot garbage?

Comparing Thornton and Iginla is downright stupid. Iginla has never, NEVER been at the helm repeatedly of the biggest choking team in professional sport. There is an Atlantic ocean's worth of difference when it comes to the two players.

Ohmahgawd, if there is a Bruin fan out there who still wants Joe back after watching the re-run that is the Playoff version of the San Jose Sharks, they need to be lobotomized. Period.

I'd think that should be clear enough.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Vlasic was solid as a rock in the Olympics, on the biggest stage in the sport.
If you cared to watch the playoffs this year, Chara looked old, slow, and really lost his nastiness.
I love Big Z, he's been the cornerstone of our D for many years but face facts.

I didn't watch a minute of the playoffs.

"Face facts"

This is a Hall-of-Fame day on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad