Confirmed Trade: [BOS/NJD] Reilly Walsh for Shane Bowers

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Devils AGM indicated a few days ago that they would be moving Walsh, almost sounded like a favor to him since he was blocked with the Devils and they weren't sure if he'd clear waivers.

I can only guess that Boston will have Walsh, Regula, and Mitchell battling for the one NHL spot at training camp.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Shane Bowers, drafted 28th overall by Ottawa in the 2017 draft, was a rare 1st rounder who was dealt in the same year he was drafted. Part of the Matt Duchene trade on Nov 5th, 2017.

Seems like he hasn't improved much since being drafted but he can be AHL depth.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Shane Bowers, drafted 28th overall in the 2017 draft, was a rare 1st rounder who was dealt in the same year he was drafted. Part of the Matt Duchene trade on Nov 5th, 2017.

Seems like he hasn't improved much since being drafted but he can be AHL depth.

He had a good freshmen college year that got us all excited and then just didn't produce anything anywhere. His hands must be completely useless cause he always looked decent in preseason games flying all over the ice.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Does Bowers still play center? If he does, that makes sense. Utica really needs center help

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Walsh has flashes of.. "Oh.. nice play. great vision there... then lots of OOOOOOOOOOOOf... wow he got beat bad there... oh.. bad clear... oh... dumps the puck in to nobody..... then.. hey nice play.

Not sure he would have amounted to anything in NJ. Good luck kid.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Walsh is better with higher upside, I think the Bruins win this trade, if you can call it that with guys like this. Walsh could conceivably be a pp2 kinda guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad