Confirmed Trade: [BOS/FLA] Frank Vatrano for 2018 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Is this a weak draft? I know picks are way overrated here but 3rd and 4ths for guys who don’t even play?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Great pickup. A lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves for not beating this offer.

He's going to be a 20-goal guy. Unreal, all-world shot and he can fly. In the right situation he could be a really, really good scorer.

Shame he was hurt so much last year when he had a real shot in Boston. HF has written him off and most Boston fans too but it's a mistake.

I wish the Leafs had jumped on this. We have a lot of wingers, but I'd rather move one and give a spot to Vatrano.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Posted the same thing on the Bruins board, but this is good value for both teams IMO.

Boston gets its 3rd back for a player that has been surpassed, FLA gets a young winger who can skate, and has a great shot, but needs a fresh start.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Is this a weak draft? I know picks are way overrated here but 3rd and 4ths for guys who don’t even play?

I wouldn't read too much into the "he doesn't play" angle here. He's a top 9 player on most NHL teams, but got passed over by some young guys after an injury plagued year. Just nowhere to fit for him on this current roster. In fact, the LW depth for the Bruins is why Bjork got bumped all the way down to Providence rather than letting him play his way out of a cold stretch.

It's good for both teams. His singular greatest skill is something that is entirely too rare in hockey...the ability to snipe. He's got a world class shot/release. The question is going to be whether he can do all the other stuff well enough to remain in the league. But there are few guys, literally in the world, that can shoot the puck like him. It will be interesting to see if it translates with a fresh start.

Reactions: Laus723

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wouldn't read too much into the "he doesn't play" angle here. He's a top 9 player on most NHL teams, but got passed over by some young guys after an injury plagued year. Just nowhere to fit for him on this current roster. In fact, the LW depth for the Bruins is why Bjork got bumped all the way down to Providence rather than letting him play his way out of a cold stretch.

It's good for both teams. His singular greatest skill is something that is entirely too rare in hockey...the ability to snipe. He's got a world class shot/release. The question is going to be whether he can do all the other stuff well enough to remain in the league. But there are few guys, literally in the world, that can shoot the puck like him. It will be interesting to see if it translates with a fresh start.

Just in general. Sosh was our 15th forward who got a 4th. The mont D trades.... seems like it is moreso this year

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Where the heck does Vatrano play in FLA? I can't see him displacing anyone in their top 9 and he's wasted on the 4th line.

There's been a 3rd line wing spot up for grabs for awhile. Been rotating between depth guys and Vrbata to play with McCann and McGinn all year.

Or he goes into the top six and pushes Bjugstad or Malgin onto the 3rd line.

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Don't see Riley Smith. He could go on a Brandon Pirri type run. Kids shot is unreal, just need to learn how to get open more at the NHL level and how to be good enough when he's not getting goals to warrant ice time.

Yeah I just meant he went from a guy not being able to get time in Boston to being traded to Florida.

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
Actually, I can see him moving up to the Top Line with Barkov and Dadonov. Send Bjugstad down to 3C to play with Mccann and McGinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad