Confirmed Trade: [BOS/DET] Tyler Bertuzzi (50% retained) for 2024 1st round pick (top 10 protected) and 2025 4th round pick

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Nobody in the NHL was picking anyone other than Laf. I'm sure you heard a rumour from some guy who knows a guy that said yeah, Stützle was their pick. All the talk prior to the draft was that Detroit was leaning towards Perfetti at #4 and that didn't happen either.

If they were really that smart, they would've picked Sanderson instead of Raymond.

Just like no one was gonna pick Seider top 10..... Yzerman has proven he will pick his guy, period. Your argument is null

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
this is what detroit fans know about bertuzzi = very heads up player thats always seeing good plays to make :

Joe Haggerty

Tyler Bertuzzi and Pavel Zacha swapped spots at practice this morning. Bertuzzi skating with Krejci and Pastrnak ahead of tomorrow's matinee vs. his old Red Wings team. Jim Montgomery: "I thought Bertuzzi has made a lot of plays, so we'll put him with some playmakers"

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Tyler Bertuzzi and Pavel Zacha swapped spots at practice this morning. Bertuzzi skating with Krejci and Pastrnak ahead of tomorrow's matinee vs. his old Red Wings team. Jim Montgomery: "I thought Bertuzzi has made a lot of plays, so we'll put him with some playmakers"

Well, that's going to sting.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
I'd like to see a link where Yzerman said he was taking Stutzle too.

That kind of information is so not public and rarely ever comes out. Most everything we hear is reporter speculation; sometimes there's a bit of smoke behind it if there is an actual connection between that reporter and team staff, but they wouldn't have that trust for long if they started publishing it.

Then there's the "connect the dots" speculation by prominent pundits. I said Perfetti was rumoured to be their guy at #4 and that was absolutely a very common story out there before the draft. Doesn't make it true but it was a thing, I remember it clearly. Same with Byfield. There was a lot of chit chat before the draft that LA scouts were split on the Byfield/Stützle debate and that they were leaning towards Stützle. I can certainly believe there was an internal debate, but the speculation about where they were going likely being reporter driven.

Another source is people here who have established they have a credible relationship with someone on the team. They have real info from their source, but 99% of the time their source is not the GM and can't really be absolute in what they're sharing. I'm pretty sure on the Sens board that there was somebody in the know who said they really like Sanderson and could take him at 5. But there was no ranking attached to the name, it was probably an individual reading the room and feeling strongly that Sanderson was on their radar for #5. If Byfield or Lafreniere fell to 5 however, then all bets are off.

If there's any smoke behind Yzerman liking Stützle at #1, I'd wager it's that last scenario. Perhaps it's credible but we'll never know. Also, Craig Button speculated before the lottery that Stevie Y was not shy about taking the best guy for his team and having Seider there was the German connection, so he connected dots and tweeted that out. Maybe Button knew and made it appear like his own thought, or maybe he was just talking out of his ass like everybody else here.

All that to say, don't hold your breath for a definitive link lol

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That kind of information is so not public and rarely ever comes out. Most everything we hear is reporter speculation; sometimes there's a bit of smoke behind it if there is an actual connection between that reporter and team staff, but they wouldn't have that trust for long if they started publishing it.

Then there's the "connect the dots" speculation by prominent pundits. I said Perfetti was rumoured to be their guy at #4 and that was absolutely a very common story out there before the draft. Doesn't make it true but it was a thing, I remember it clearly. Same with Byfield. There was a lot of chit chat before the draft that LA scouts were split on the Byfield/Stützle debate and that they were leaning towards Stützle. I can certainly believe there was an internal debate, but the speculation about where they were going likely being reporter driven.

Another source is people here who have established they have a credible relationship with someone on the team. They have real info from their source, but 99% of the time their source is not the GM and can't really be absolute in what they're sharing. I'm pretty sure on the Sens board that there was somebody in the know who said they really like Sanderson and could take him at 5. But there was no ranking attached to the name, it was probably an individual reading the room and feeling strongly that Sanderson was on their radar for #5. If Byfield or Lafreniere fell to 5 however, then all bets are off.

If there's any smoke behind Yzerman liking Stützle at #1, I'd wager it's that last scenario. Perhaps it's credible but we'll never know. Also, Craig Button speculated before the lottery that Stevie Y was not shy about taking the best guy for his team and having Seider there was the German connection, so he connected dots and tweeted that out. Maybe Button knew and made it appear like his own thought, or maybe he was just talking out of his ass like everybody else here.

All that to say, don't hold your breath for a definitive link lol

Kind of the point. Some people take some speculation and run with it as fact.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Got a link to prove every single GM would have taken Laf at 1st OA?

Outside of every single article or ranking ever written about that draft all universally stating that Lafreniere is the undisputed #1, of course not - it doesn't exist. Same as saying Detroit would've picked Stützle #1 in hindsight simply because Yzerman is a genius so of course he would. Which is all you have

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Nov 2, 2018
Outside of every single article or ranking ever written about that draft all universally stating that Lafreniere is the undisputed #1, of course not - it doesn't exist. Same as saying Detroit would've picked Stützle #1 in hindsight simply because Yzerman is a genius so of course he would. Which is all you have
Every article had Seider outside the top 10. Yet here we are. Again you lose.

Reactions: Bfan14

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
If the rumour is true about Bertuzzi demanding the Larkin cotract... Yeah there was no other option than moving him.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Nov 2, 2018
How does Seider have anything to do with knowing Detroit absolutely picking Stützle at #1 being factual? You've got nothing so I guess you'll just throw out gibberish

Follow along now child,

Seider was not considered a top 10 pick, Yzerman "reached" for him at 6th. This establishes a precedent for Yzerman going against the grain and picking his guy. It also shows Detroits draft board is different from the "Insiders". All the talk during that draft within Detroit was about Stutzle. Many of us believed he was going to be the guy.

I can't say 100% he was the pick. But you in turn can not say he was 100% not going to be the pick.

So again, for the 3rd time, you lose. Give it up already.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
And? I see no link.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Follow along now child,

Seider was not considered a top 10 pick, Yzerman "reached" for him at 6th. This establishes a precedent for Yzerman going against the grain and picking his guy. It also shows Detroits draft board is different from the "Insiders". All the talk during that draft within Detroit was about Stutzle. Many of us believed he was going to be the guy.

I can't say 100% he was the pick. But you in turn can not say he was 100% not going to be the pick.

So again, for the 3rd time, you lose. Give it up already.

So again, you're "proving your point" by grasping at straws.

"YZER MM AN REACHED ON SEID ER R SO HE WOULD'VE DONE THE SAME WITH STÜTZLE!"

That's your whole argument and there's no other substance to it.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
A wagon is a team that's rolling over everything in sight. Picture a wagon rolling down a hill smashing through anything that gets in its way.
Thanks. That helps. But the term you're all looking for is juggernaut.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Thanks. That helps. But the term you're all looking for is juggernaut.

No, the term is wagon. Google it, there is use of that term to describe sports teams going back decades. It's even in the urban dictionary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad