Confirmed Trade: [BOS/CBJ] Andrew Peeke for Jakub Zboril and 2027 3rd round pick

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Interesting... Peeke is sort of soft but he does have some size and is a RHD. I thought he was a bit overpaid but Boston must think his contract value is good. CBJ wanted to dump a defensemen all season so they get a pick at least.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I’ve never seen a CBJ fan say that, and if it was over a year ago, that’s a bizarre thing to remember.
To the best of my knowledge we've never called him an untouchable (not in that timeframe, anyways), but we have been pretty clingy. We just didn't expect him to crater like he has.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Apr 9, 2009
USA
To the best of my knowledge we've never called him an untouchable (not in that timeframe, anyways), but we have been pretty clingy. We just didn't expect him to crater like he has.

The links provided by that guy didn’t even have “untouchable” in them.

You have an interesting definition of untouchable. The fourth post in the first link has a CBJ fan saying he sucks and is worth no more than a third. The second link is full of CBJ fans putting Peeke in proposals.

Reactions: Fro

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The links provided by that guy didn’t even have that in them.

You have an interesting definition of untouchable. The fourth post in the first link has a CBJ fan saying he sucks and is worth no more than a third. The second link is full of CBJ fans putting Peeke in proposals.
Yeah. That's why I said "two years ago would be more accurate". I don't know if we went that far then, but he had yet to stall out at that point.

Reactions: 3074326

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Massive W for CBJ. Get out of the contract, clear the defensive logjam, AND get a 3rd round pick? What a move.

We'll see what Boston can do with Peeke, maybe he can be good for them, but seems like a real gamble.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Awful.

Peeke sucks. He's always sucked.
He’s had his moments, but it’s hard to tell what his high level is since he’s been too high in the depth chart at times in a poorly run team. I think that Boston is the perfect team for him to play in a structured team with a clear role. That environment might do wonders for him and let him find his game. He has a few tools, but he needs a very clear job description and system with the right partner.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This feels like probably the most interesting deal of the entire underwhelming deadline day.

It's so curious that it took so long to finally move him. Really curious to see how he looks once he's slotted in to that Bruins system and more appropriately in a deeper blueline behind two stud RHD.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Massive W for CBJ. Get out of the contract, clear the defensive logjam, AND get a 3rd round pick? What a move.

We'll see what Boston can do with Peeke, maybe he can be good for them, but seems like a real gamble.
Third-round picks have a 14% chance of playing 100 games in the NHL. Nothing lost at all, worth the low gamble as a reclamation project and for depth player.

Reactions: Lordstanley

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He’s had his moments, but it’s hard to tell what his high level is since he’s been too high in the depth chart at times in a poorly run team. I think that Boston is the perfect team for him to play in a structured team with a clear role. That environment might do wonders for him and let him find his game. He has a few tools, but he needs a very clear job description and system with the right partner.

Sure, maybe.

Justin Holl keeps getting work in this league. Tyler Myers signed a 30 million dollar contract. Ristolainen somehow makes over 5 million a year. GMs love big toolsy RHers, but there's a certain group of them that do not process the game quickly enough to be counted on on a strong blueline and it's my view Peeke is one of them.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Soft would not be the right word for Peeke. No comment on his overall game but he's constantly hitting and blocking shots. Never shy to sacrifice the body. Loves to throw opponents at any opportunity. It's commendable for what it is.
Yeah I’d put him in the Justin Holl category. I’m not a fan but Holl got a much bigger contract than expected so Peekes contract is better blue and he is young enough to improve. I’m sure just being a Bruin will do wonders for him.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Soft would not be the right word for Peeke. No comment on his overall game but he's constantly hitting and blocking shots. Never shy to sacrifice the body. Loves to throw opponents at any opportunity. It's commendable for what it is.

Agreed gap control and getting stuck in no man's land ( and that first pass) are the real issues.

Love how he gets his shots through offensively though.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Peeke is ass cheeks. I guess they needed a forbort replacement

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bruins screwed the draft and it didn't even bite them
Well, it did in the fact that they could have been a super team the past several years had they nailed their 2015 picks like they did in 2014 and 2016.

But now, years later, we don't talk about Chabot the same way he was talked about 3 seasons ago. Connor, yes. Barzal, feels like he should produce more than he does. Think those were the 3 guys people harped on Bos passing up over the years.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Bruins screwed the draft and it didn't even bite them
They got DeBrusk and Carlo out of that draft still, who have been key contributors. That draft could've been legendary, but any draft where you get a top 6 forward top 4 d is a solid win. Not to mention they got Lauzon and Vladar that draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad