Confirmed Trade: [BOS/CBJ] Andrew Peeke for Jakub Zboril and 2027 3rd round pick

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Peake playing like a tank back there. Best under the radar trade at deadline.

This was always the possibility with Peeke. He'd shown promise previously. Just getting guys into the right role, structure, system, and situation on the depth chart can make a huge difference.

Multiple years of $2.75M was a risk a lot of teams wouldn't, or couldn't afford to take...if it went the other way. Which in a lot of situations, it very well might have.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Glad to hear he's playing well. Always liked him but simply couldn't put it all together in Columbus. I think he's more inclined as a bottom pair guy for PK and shutdown duties, especially in the playoffs. Blocks a ton of shots. I likened him to David Savard but Peeke is the better skater.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Too early to tell but he's been great so far! He's a better skater than Forbort and brings a similar game. I'll reserve judgement until I see him in the playoffs and a full season.

Reactions: Gifu

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
This was always the possibility with Peeke. He'd shown promise previously. Just getting guys into the right role, structure, system, and situation on the depth chart can make a huge difference.

Multiple years of $2.75M was a risk a lot of teams wouldn't, or couldn't afford to take...if it went the other way. Which in a lot of situations, it very well might have.
Drawing conclusions based off 10 games is kind of counterintuitive to the point you’re trying to make. The risk is that you’re still paying him for 2 more years after this

Reactions: CBJx614 and Napoli

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

The Bruins under Sweeney have had their misses, for sure. But they have generally been good at identifying role players they can maximize in a the role suited for them.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Drawing conclusions based off 10 games is kind of counterintuitive to the point you’re trying to make. The risk is that you’re still paying him for 2 more years after this

I mean yeah...the risk is still absolutely there...

It's just trending back in a positive direction again.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Peeke reminds me of Adam McQuaid and it sent me down a weird rabbit hole.

So the i looked up McQuaid and found out that he was acquired by Boston from Columbus before he ever played for the Blue Jackets.

The 5th round pick in the 2007 draft that Columbus acquired from Boston for McQuaid was packaged with two additional 5th round picks to Dallas for a 2007 4th round pick where Columbus selected Maxim Mayorov (94th overall)

The 5th round pick from the Bruins that passed through Columbus finally ending in Dallas turned out to be Jamie Benn (129th Overall).

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

So the i looked up McQuaid and found out that he was acquired by Boston from Columbus before he ever played for the Blue Jackets.

The 5th round pick in the 2007 draft that Columbus acquired from Boston for McQuaid was packaged with two additional 5th round picks to Dallas for a 2007 4th round pick where Columbus selected Maxim Mayorov (94th overall)

The 5th round pick from the Bruins that passed through Columbus finally ending in Dallas turned out to be Jamie Benn (129th Overall).

And there is always someone on the Bruins board who bring up Benn whenever the Bruins move some late round pick.

Although in 2015 whomever was the person that year making that point was right, as the Bruins 2015 5th ended up with the Wild who drafted Kaprizov.

So maybe Boston should never trade a 5th round pick again, lol.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Adam McQuaid was the PERFECT bottom pair d-man. Perfect.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Glad he’s doing well. No surprise, that team takes the best traits out of a player and enhances them.

Win/win

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Glad he’s doing well. No surprise, that team takes the best traits out of a player and enhances them.

Certainly for a toolsy physical specimen like Peeke who isn't going to outsmart opponents out there, it's a great spot for him. The Bruins put players in well defined roles. Simplified, you could say. You do your job, I do mine. Meanwhile the Jackets ask them to do a bit of everything and they often fail at it.

It's a win given the bad situation the Jackets were in with the player. To get a 3rd rounder there is great.

But in the big picture they really could use a shutdown RD. It's unfortunate Peeke didn't have the skills to play that role in the Jackets messy system.

Reactions: cslebn

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Certainly for a toolsy physical specimen like Peeke who isn't going to outsmart opponents out there, it's a great spot for him. The Bruins put players in well defined roles. Simplified, you could say. You do your job, I do mine. Meanwhile the Jackets ask them to do a bit of everything and they often fail at it.

It's a win given the bad situation the Jackets were in with the player. To get a 3rd rounder there is great.

But in the big picture they really could use a shutdown RD. It's unfortunate Peeke didn't have the skills to play that role in the Jackets messy system.
You can find guys like Andrew Peeke anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00