Confirmed with Link: Bortuzzo to Islanders for a 7th

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I get that....but the team is MISERABLE

Bort was a happy warrior
I'm expecting us to be a pretty miserable team for a bit, at least just until the end of the season. We have 5 more players that are a UFA this season and I can see all of them getting moved to let players like Bolduc and Snuggy (if he signs at the end of the year) a taste of the NHL. This is totally going to go down as a transition year.

Reactions: mk80

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Always liked Bortz. He doesn't have much left to give these days, but he always gave what he had. He always stood up for teammates. And what's wild is that he's been with us for almost as long as some of the most synonymous Blues of the modern era like Backes, Schwartz, Hull, and MacInnis.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think it was only a matter of time before he was traded. I bet you Army told him before the season started that he was planning on moving him at some point during the season so he could prepare himself. Can't really complain about the trade, though. He was getting old and likely closing in on retirement, we are trying to get younger so we might as well get something instead of nothing out of him. We've gotten a couple of decent players recently with 7th round picks in Tucker and Zherenko, so who knows.

Also, here's this:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I think part of this was to do a solid for Borts. He wasn’t gonna play much. Find him a new home.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bortz went to Armstrong and said if I'm not gonna play here, trade me somewhere where I will play. And Army was happy to do it because Bortuzzo has been a loyal Blue for so long.

I mentioned it on the trade board, but I distinctively remember the look on Bortuzzo's face when they announced his name on opening night. You could see he was not happy that he wasn't in the lineup. He deserves a chance to show that he can still play.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think it was only a matter of time before he was traded. I bet you Army told him before the season started that he was planning on moving him at some point during the season so he could prepare himself. Can't really complain about the trade, though. He was getting old and likely closing in on retirement, we are trying to get younger so we might as well get something instead of nothing out of him. We've gotten a couple of decent players recently with 7th round picks in Tucker and Zherenko, so who knows.

Also, here's this:

I came here to post - Joe Thornton just woke up in a cold sweat.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

Also, here's this:

Will always love the Bobby Orrtuzzo moments, he had some of the most enthusiastic cellys for this team during his tenure.

• Love
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I still don’t understand why the players actually follow that rule. If all of them just grew whatever facial hair they wanted, what is the team going to do about it?

If you don't follow team rules you get suspended. Do you really want a reputation around the league for being like Josh Ho-Sang?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you don't follow team rules you get suspended. Do you really want a reputation around the league for being like Josh Ho-Sang?
If everyone on the team did it, what are they going to do? Suspend the whole team?

If a star player does it and they suspend him, you really think that’s going to fly? They would be losing games because they value someone’s facial hair more than winning. If they do that, then fans will stop going to the games and they’ll lose money because of it too.

It’s an extremely stupid rule that would be super easy to push back against if the players wanted that power. They would win that battle over Lou.

Reactions: Drubilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad