Confirmed with Link: Bortuzzo to Islanders for a 7th

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
If everyone on the team did it, what are they going to do? Suspend the whole team?

If a star player does it and they suspend him, you really think that’s going to fly? They would be losing games because they value someone’s facial hair more than winning. If they do that, then fans will stop going to the games and they’ll lose money because of it too.

It’s an extremely stupid rule that would be super easy to push back against if the players wanted that power. They would win that battle over Lou.
Players respect Lou and aren't (generally) a bunch of self-entitled zoomers.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Players respect Lou and aren't (generally) a bunch of self-entitled zoomers.

Its not being self-entitled if you don't want to do something against your wishes for no discernible reason. If there was a reason to shave, then fine. If its just because some some-entitled boss doesn't like beards and enforces his will on all employees, then I am not blaming an employee for pushing back. They don't work in food production or preparation where beard hairs can fall into the food. Beards don't make you play worse hockey. If they did, it wouldn't be a thing to grow them in the playoffs. Its just some stupid rule to control the lives of players outside their job and that makes the boss the self-entitled one.

.Bortuzzo obviously preferred the beard as he wore it when he had the chance. Why does Lou's opinion trump Bortuzzo's? Especially when Bortuzzo didn't choose to join NYI. If you sign a contract with a team, then you are aware of the rules. But he was forces to go to a team that is enforcing a pointless rule that takes autonomy away from him over his physical appearance that again has no purpose at all.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If everyone on the team did it, what are they going to do? Suspend the whole team?

If a star player does it and they suspend him, you really think that’s going to fly? They would be losing games because they value someone’s facial hair more than winning. If they do that, then fans will stop going to the games and they’ll lose money because of it too.

It’s an extremely stupid rule that would be super easy to push back against if the players wanted that power. They would win that battle over Lou.

Players have been telling us for years that they supports LGBT stuff and pride night but as soon as the NHL said no more only one person out of the entire league had the balls to stand by what he said for years and even then all he did was put pride tape around the handle of his stick trying to fly under the radar and if it hadn't been for the media making a scene about it the NHL wouldn't have even noticed. Do you really think out of a group of 20 or so guys anyone wants to be the ONE guy rocking the boat and causing shit for his team? I get it, you live in some idealistic society but here in the real world people give up individual rights al the time so they don't get singled out.

Its not being self-entitled if you don't want to do something against your wishes for no discernible reason. If there was a reason to shave, then fine. If its just because some some-entitled boss doesn't like beards and enforces his will on all employees, then I am not blaming an employee for pushing back. They don't work in food production or preparation where beard hairs can fall into the food. Beards don't make you play worse hockey. If they did, it wouldn't be a thing to grow them in the playoffs. Its just some stupid rule to control the lives of players outside their job and that makes the boss the self-entitled one.

.Bortuzzo obviously preferred the beard as he wore it when he had the chance. Why does Lou's opinion trump Bortuzzo's? Especially when Bortuzzo didn't choose to join NYI. If you sign a contract with a team, then you are aware of the rules. But he was forces to go to a team that is enforcing a pointless rule that takes autonomy away from him over his physical appearance that again has no purpose at all.

You two probably also think players wearing suits to games is out dated and they should be allowed to dress like douche bags like the NBA does.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Players have been telling us for years that they supports LGBT stuff and pride night but as soon as the NHL said no more only one person out of the entire league had the balls to stand by what he said for years and even then all he did was put pride tape around the handle of his stick trying to fly under the radar and if it hadn't been for the media making a scene about it the NHL wouldn't have even noticed. Do you really think out of a group of 20 or so guys anyone wants to be the ONE guy rocking the boat and causing shit for his team? I get it, you live in some idealistic society but here in the real world people give up individual rights al the time so they don't get singled out.

You two probably also think players wearing suits to games is out dated and they should be allowed to dress like douche bags like the NBA does.
Khakis and white polos with team logo for everyone. Private schools know what’s up.

Suits are too individualistic unless they are all black (no pattern nor stripes). Also white shirt and black tie only.

If we are going to be committed, it cannot be arbitrary.

Reactions: Xerloris and 542365

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
“We wanted to try and make it work in St. Louis,” Bortuzzo said. “It didn’t. They’re going in another direction. I think it ran its course there. But for [Blues GM Doug Armstrong] to be willing to work with me to try and find me a place, I can’t say enough about that. It takes a ton of class, in my opinion, and I’m very thankful.”

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

You think you live in the real world yet you would let someone else control what kind of facial hair you wear. :laugh: Giant wuss behavior radiating here. I don’t give up individual rights like that, but it’s telling that you’re admitting that you would.

Also the pride example you brought up proves MY point, not yours. Those players that pushed back against the NHL’s ban received praise and got the ban reversed. So good job bringing that up!

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Jesus. That policy is so ridiculous. There was just an article on ESPN about how much MLB players hate the Yankees archaic policy. I can't believe this is still a thing in 2023.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
You think you live in the real world yet you would let someone else control what kind of facial hair you wear. :laugh: Giant wuss behavior radiating here. I don’t give up individual rights like that, but it’s telling that you’re admitting that you would.

Also the pride example you brought up proves MY point, not yours. Those players that pushed back against the NHL’s ban received praise and got the ban reversed. So good job bringing that up!

To play in the NHL? f*** ya I would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad